“Highly unprofessional: messages you with with insults if you give a poor rating”

Proud Country House Stanmer Brighton
Ranked #909 of 1,224 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A stunning Georgian Manor House set in beautiful parkland a stones throw from Brighton. The restaurant is open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner or join us in our lounge bar for a drink or coffee next to one of the roaring fires. Bookings taken for private dinners, conferences, or wedding ceremonies. Contact the events team for further details. Dogs are welcome in the bar area.
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Do not ignore the bad reviews!
Very unprofessional. I left a review on their facebook page (1 stars also) and was accused of a false review. I have been to Stanmer house and although it is beautiful on the outside and in, I could not say the same for the staff. They don't seem to have a clue of what is going on and it is a very poorly ran establishment. I was then left a facebook message by Rob (--) (the manager) saying: "you lack integrity". Absolutely out of order.

23  Thank P0ppyApri1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,308)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The service was very poor, the food was awful (e.g. tiny, overcooked tasteless mullet fillets, £4 for half a carrot described as 'Roast Winter Vegatables), and the ambiance very unpleasant - more like a transport cafe. Only plus point - the staff were very pleasant and the manager apologised.
This is a place to avoid.

18  Thank alan k
Reviewed 1 April 2018

food was shocking and staff barely spoke English - nice walk in grounds - but avoid food at all costs

19  Thank Richard D
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My partner visited a wedding open day recently so we could consider Stanmer House as a wedding venue.
On the day she said it seemed like a possible option, but wanted to go back for second look.
As my family were visiting with us we decided to book afternoon tea at Stanmer House, relax a bit and see if we wanted to go ahead and book our wedding here.
Long story short, we won’t be.

The whole experience was a let down.
Low quality food and drink, staff that didn’t seem that well trained and just a general feeling that it was all rather lacking.
The rooms were not very well kept, the toilets especially!

We went to the bar after the tea and ordered drinks.
When two of had our drinks but were yet to pay we were told the bar had closed and that my parents couldn’t order a drink.
This was at 5pm on a Saturday.
There was no notice the bar was closing.
We’d asked for martinis and were offered Martini Bianco. The bar staff didn’t even know what a martini was.

Considering a wedding at this venue will set you back £15k plus, we were sorely let down with the overall feeling of poor service, low quality decor and food.

Our venue hunt continues.

19  Thank jamiereid12
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I've been here at least 15 times since the change of hands to Proud Country House and the last time was my last time....I used to love coming here for breakfast or lunch after walking my dog, sometimes with friends, sometimes with my granny. Every single time since the change of hands has had problems....mainly bad food, always slow,bad service. Enough is enough. It can't be that difficult can it? Unless you sincerely think "Brighton" customers are idiots? Which you have proved time and time again and even put in writing. Well here's another "Brighton" review.

23  Thank celiagalway