Lowest prices for your stay
US$94
Hotels.comUS$94
PricelineUS$94
travelup.comUS$107
3,059 results
All reviews tower suite sea view pool and sauna family suite lanes car park sea front huge room brighton pier lovely hotel a bit tired short break a lovely stay tea and coffee full english seafront seagulls pavilion
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2021 via mobile

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, and rooms were nice and clean as advertised, the hotel appartments were particularly lovely with a great kitchen area and facilities, with no problems during the stay!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2021

We stayed only for one night at the cost of £236 for a room in the apartment side of the hotel. The room was situated on the East wing, room number 610. As you may be aware there was quite a lot of commotion the night of our stay and we feel that a lot more could have been done to make our stay more enjoyable. I’d like to request a refund for the night we stayed and I will give you my reasons for this in this letter.
My fiancé and I had booked the hotel in hopes of a nice romantic, child free weekend away for our engagement celebrations. Thank god the kids weren’t here to witness what we have witnessed. We’d booked to go to the cinema and have a romantic meal in town. All was going splendidly until we arrived back at the hotel later on that evening.
Despite slight frustrations earlier during the day with checking in only allowed from 3pm meant we couldn’t use any of the facilities within the hotel prior to checking in. We decided to go for lunch and shopping and that we’d have a “spa day” the day after in the health suite. Unfortunately this was not to be as the evening slowly turned
Miss S Rea & Mr B Brittin 42 Staples Hill Horsham West Sussex RH13 8LF

into a nightmare, we were too tired and just wanted to go home. We returned at 3pm to check in, this was the beginning. The room was given to us by a trainee with little knowledge of the rooms locations and had to ask for assistance after which point we were given instructions “situated on the opposite side of the road are our apartment buildings, your room is 610.”
So off we went to the find the room, crossed the road and saw the sign to a set of apartments, we climbed 4 flights perhaps more stairs (heavily pregnant too!). When we got to the top the cleaner asked if we were ok I told her we were looking for room 610 and she told us there was another block just down the road. Off we went back down the billions of narrow crooked stairs on our search for the next block. Eventually we found our room, only to find we only had one towel and the refreshments tray hadn’t been restocked. For £236 a night you’d expect a little fancier than being above a kebab shop, facing pigeons nesting in a dark alley? Also we had no idea our room was going to be separate from the hotel when we made the reservation. Anyway, trying to remain positive, we over looked that part being bank holiday weekend and headed out for our evening reservations. We returned to the apartment at around 12:30am thankfully the little shop was still open or we wouldn’t have had anything to nibble or drink. We went to bed an hour or so later and I struggled to get to sleep. The rooms were so loud, definitely need work on sound proofing for that price. I managed to get to sleep eventually, before being awoken by crashing and slamming doors at 4am. Bearing in mind I’d been asleep probably about an hour by this point I was slightly frustrated. As I tried to get back to sleep I realised pretty quickly that wasn’t going to happen as the evenings events began to unfold.
There was a young couple staying in the same apartment block as us, her name was Amy however we don’t know her partners name. At 4am Amy and her partner returned to the block. At first we thought they were just drunk and falling around as we could hear a lot of crashing and smashing. It soon became apparent that this young lady may not have been safe. It got progressively more and more disturbing. To the point we questioned if anyone else was aware of the goings on. At 5am she started screaming for help and

begging him to get off her. We had no choice but to contact the police. My fiancé phoned the police and explained the situation and that we were worried for her well being. Around 5:30am the police left and we heard him starting again and threatening suicide.
At this point I was so disturbed I tried everything to contact the hotel, Facebook messenger, email (requesting a refund) and eventually someone answered a phone. The receptionist assured me the police had dealt with the situation and it had been resolved at which point I explained we had phoned the police but it was still not resolved she was now hysterically crying and trying to get out while he’d locked her in the room. The receptionist sent over the security team at which point we can only presume he was removed from the hotel. With no update from staff we were left in the unknown as to what was going on or if we were even safe in our room. What if he returned. At no point did anyone offer for us to move or another option for such a rough nights sleep. I could have slept better on the beach.
The whole reason you pay for a hotel is somewhere comfortable and safe to rest/sleep on your travels. We did not experience this! We were so tired that by 6:30am I said if this continues we should just go check out and go home. After the security had been he seemed to disappear but she returned howling in her room until 7:30/8am my guess is she cried herself to sleep after phoning all her friends whaling down the phone. It was by far the most horrific experience of staying in a hotel I’ve ever had.
Understandably you can’t pick who is staying in the hotel but to leave us having to deal and listen to that is not what we paid for. The fact that nothing was done to even offer us another option, I’d have happily slept in the lobby!!! It was that bad. You’d expect behaviour like that from guests at premier in or the likes but not from a hotel like the Queens hotel. We chose to stay with you as it

seemed to be more of a treat, with the swimming pool and sauna (we didn’t get to use). The price didn’t include breakfast either which is quite shocking considering for £50 you can have a room twice the size (with a bath!) and breakfast and sound proofed with active security at premier inn/travelodge or the likes of.
Upon checking out I mentioned to the receptionist that we’d had an awful stay. He knew as soon as I told him the room number his face dropped. He was expecting us to kick off! Honestly I didn’t have the energy that day. He was very apologetic although I explained to him that our stay here wasn’t what we’d expected and we were so tired we wanted to go home, we were too annoyed about the situation. He offered us both a free breakfast which neither of us could stomach as we were too tired after only 2 hours sleep. Also at this point it felt like free breakfast was more of a kick in the teeth than anything else. He also offered for us to talk to the manager but there was a queue of other people already complaining and we’d have to wait. Yet again we had been last priority... being as tired as we were I decided that I needed sleep before I could discuss calmly with a manager the nights events. So we left for home. My fiancé said he was so tired he was unsure if it was actually safe for him to be driving.
It was such a shame as it ruined our engagement weekend. I feel let down and disappointed by the hotel’s security or means to look after all of their guests. Being heavily pregnant it was extra added unnecessary stress and I’m sad we’ve wasted all of our money on one night stay for £236 it definitely wasn’t worth it or fit for purpose. As a highly established hotel with great ratings, we expected more from our stay. A decent nights sleep at the least.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank sophierR4915VE
Reviewed 13 September 2021

The Noise Is Horrific, it's like the hotel has no walls, constant outside noise until 4am. I'm not sure how they get away with charging so much for a room whereby you're unable to sleep. The place needs sorting, I won't ever stay there or recommend the joint.

Reviewed 9 September 2021

On the whole, this hotel was a 3.5. The staff were exceptional, very attentive and efficient. The hotel is ideally suited for everything you’d need in Brighton, just over the road from the pier. We travelled down by train as parking can be problematic and pricey in Brighton, the Queens hotel and spa is about a 15 minute walk from the station.
We had booked a 3 night stay, 2 nights in the main hotel and due to lack of availability a 3rd in the apartments.
Our room in the main hotel had a sea view and overlooked the pier. The room was clean and well equipped, if not a little dated and tired, this is probably true of the entire hotel, our bathroom had definitely seen better days though.
The main road is busy 24/7 and seems to have more than its fair share of emergency vehicles speeding up and down with sirens on, so be aware that a sea view comes with noise especially in the summer when you have the windows open. However, that is not the hotels fault in any way, merely my observation, and for the view, I think it’s a price worth paying.
The spa was very disappointing, it’s really tired and more functional than a treat. You have to walk from the pool through the gym to get to the sauna and steam room, which I found a bit awkward. We paid a little extra for this hotel because of the spa, I wouldn’t say it was worth it.
The breakfast was average and not worth £11. There was plenty of it though and you could go back for more as often as you liked.
The 3rd night in the apartment was really disappointing. A steep narrow staircase led to a small room (clean though) with a view of a pitched roof (with a dead pigeon on)and scaffolding. If you’re elderly or not good on your feet, avoid these apartments, I nearly fell down the stairs twice, getting a case up and down them was a truly scary experience. The bathroom was very tired and the shower tray overflowed as the plug hole was blocked.
Overall I feel a bit mean saying anything negative about this hotel, they are trying really hard in very difficult times, I just wouldn’t say it’s good value for money.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2021 via mobile

Great location, near all activities and seafront. Very good and accommodating staff. Food standard excellent, very nice breakfast and bar meals. Decent leisure facilities. Expected slightly better room standard for the cost. Ensuite bathroom to family room small and poor lighting. Room views okay. Room and hotel was very clean. Being a listed building the footsteps of other guest can be heard if your room is below.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Vicky Rami , Other at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2021

Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us. I delighted to hear that our very central location, accommodating staff and food served from our No1 Bar and Bistro were just some of the contributing factors in you having an overall good stay with us.
I am happy that I was able to apologize to you personally and discuss the issues you have raised above.
We hope to welcome you back to the Queens hotel again in the future, please remember to contact the team directly to ensure you get a returning guest discount and we can make that we allocate you a room that meets all you requirements.