All reviews complimentary gin and sherry corner suite jetty bar rooftop pool steam room well stocked mini bar nespresso machine double glazing lovely hotel huge bed sea front great decor sunday night small room breakfast service noisy at night walk in shower
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I cannot fault the hotel facilities, staff or tidiness. However with a number of nightclubs located across the road and next door, it is impossible to get a decent nights sleep.

The spa facilities and room itself were lovely, and everything was presented in immaculate fashion. However, when paying the high costs to stay at a lovely place like this, you’d expect better sound proofing. We were in room 107 and on both nights we were kept awake by the constant thumping of music from the buildings nearby.

I think we managed to get an average of 2/3 hours sleep each night, which was not ideal, considering we had to be up early on the last day to travel and attend a family event.

I would recommended this hotel to most people, however make sure you request a room on the opposite side of the hotel if you want to get any sleep.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
BrightonHarbourHotel, Manager at Brighton Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Tom K,

Thank you for your review and taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Our fantastic location does mean that at night it does get rather lively, however we are happy to provide earplugs for our guests comfort and a peaceful nights sleep.

I would be more than happy to ensure you are allocated a quieter room on your next stay with us, and encourage you to email me directly at lucy.brookes@harbourhotels.co.uk - I will ensure that this happens!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I had booked a double room with a third party but they sent the wrong details to the hotel. Ended up staying ina Double Bunk Room which was quite comfortable than I'd expected. The staff were very kind and helpful about the issue.
Bed was comfortable. The room was very clean and generally looks like the hotel had just been renovated. So most of the facilities were new and not worn out which I liked.
One issue it was very noisy at night. From sounds from random animals by the beach (birds I presume) and what sounded like a nightclub nearby.
Also the room was ridiculously hot. Couldn't turn off the radiator. Found out in the morning there was a tiny fan in the closet that maybe could have helped.
I didn't try out the spa or restaurant.
However would still definitely recommend.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo

Dear Agnes N,

Thank you so much for your lovely review - I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay

We are in the process of installing air conditioning into many more of our rooms so I hope that when you next visit that you will have a much cooler room! We are in the middle of a lively city and are happy to provide earplugs for guests who may be disturbed by any external noise.

We hope to welcome you again soon

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Wonderful seafront hotel bit the bedroom was air tight and windows didn’t open. We had interrupted sleep due to lack of air and too hot and woke up with sore throats and dry skin. It needs fresh air!!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BrightonHarbourHotel, Manager at Brighton Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear justin00,

Thanks for your review and honest feedback - I am very happy to hear that you had a good stay with us and enjoyed all that the hotel has to offer. We are in the process of fitting air conditioning into all of our hotel bedrooms so I do hope that the next time you stay it will be a more comfortable one.

We do hope to welcome you again soon

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We visited to celebrate my husband’s 35th (our first night away without kids). I was in touch with the hotel shortly after booking and Imke (presumably a receptionist?) was lovely-she knew why we were coming and was keen to make our stay special, offering an upgrade for £30 and two free drinks, which I gratefully accepted, although I didn’t get a reply. I had subsequent communication with Jess.

We checked in at 3pm and opened the door to a tiny cabin room with bunk beds (a double on the bottom and single on the top). The room was so small that you could touch the wall while sitting on the bed. I went to reception to ask for a change of rooms, but they were fully booked. After checking that we “definitely don’t want to sleep in bunk beds”, they either offered us £60 off the price of the room, and a bottle of champagne, but we had to keep the tiny room. Our alternative was for them to arrange a double room at Hotel du Vin down the road instead, but retaining access to the spa at Brighton Harbour. We did have to push to get any offer of a compromise.

In the end we went to Hotel du Vin. I’ve stayed there a few times in the past and the room was very small and dated and the bed was tiny. We used the spa at Brighton Harbour, which was incredible. We also had cocktails at the bar during Happy Hour which were nice and the staff were so friendly. Brighton Harbour was beautifully decorated, with a lovely vibe. Just what I wanted.

I understood that the hotel was fully booked as it was a bank holiday weekend, but after a lot of communication back and forth prior to our visit there was no excuse for putting an adult couple celebrating a special occasion in bunk beds. We didn’t want to stay at Hotel du Vin, we specifically chose Brighton Harbour after a lot of research and we were completely gutted to be so messed around. We aimed to check in at 3pm and spend an afternoon enjoying Brighton, but we weren’t settled down the road until much later.

The whole thing was such an incredible disappointment-my husband’s birthday trip and our first trip away without our daughters was completely ruined. Avoid this hotel for the complete lack of organisation.

1  Thank btzbear
BrightonHarbourHotel, Manager at Brighton Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear btzbear,

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback, and I am very grateful for the kind words regarding our spa, cocktail bar and our friendly staff.

I am so very sorry for the situation regarding your room and subsequent relocation to Hotel Du Vin. I am very disappointed to hear how much this impacted upon your trip to Brighton. I would encourage you to contact me directly at lucy.brookes@harbourhotels.co.uk to discuss this further.

I do hope to hear from you soon

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in March with my girlfriend. Greeted by two lovely receptionists who helped us with everything we needed and allowed us an early check in as we had a long trip. Parking was easy to find as the hotel emailed me a post code plus you get a discount for parking here.

Our room was a double and very spacious, a small lounge area and a large bed in separate room. Fully stocked mini fridge and complementary gin and cherry. The bathroom was spacious and the shower very good.

We used the spa during the day which is probably one of the nicest that my girlfriend and I have been to. Very big and lots in there, we especially liked the grotto!

We had dinner here and we are not the biggest fans of seafood, however we both stuck with the fish and chips and it was excellent.

Went out to the comedy club and returned about midnight to a great nights sleep.

Excellent value for money ajd we would both definitely recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
BrightonHarbourHotel, Manager at Brighton Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Matt S,

Thank you so much for your lovely review - I am so glad you had a wonderful stay with us and you enjoyed the spa, dinner and of course the complimentary gin and sherry.

We do hope to welcome you again soon