“Delicious Sunday Roast and quirky decor”
Review of The Walrus

The Walrus
Ranked #214 of 1,209 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Description: The ground floor, with its open fire, snug and booths, is cosy and intimate. It’s the perfect atmosphere to enjoy a pint, glass of wine or, equally, a coffee and a chat. Wander upstairs, bask with Gregory in our bright, high ceilinged, airy restaurant; offering some of the best seasonal, classic and contemporary dishes in Brighton.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We came here on Easter Sunday and whilst booked up the staff kindly found us a table in the bar area and provided table service.
I love this pub, it's really well maintained and decorated with quirky, individual pieces, which in partnership with a great atmosphere gives a great vibe. I only had a brief glance at the restaurant upstairs but it had lovely decor that really made the most of the old building.
The service was quick and really friendly, and the prices were reasonable for Brighton. The roast was delicious and definitely as good as having one at home, which can often not be said about a pub roast.
We were only sorry we couldn't stay too long as we were meeting friends, we could have happily stayed until last orders.
If we are ever back in Brighton we will certainly pop in.

1  Thank caitlin92711

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you are in Brighton and you want a sure bet this is the pub for you.Good service,wide choice bars and seating areas and the food is tasty and wholesome.We have all done the traipsing round the wet cobbled streets looking for a good pub,this is it!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As a coeliac I often feel disappointed that I can’t eat fish and chips in the centre of Brighton but I saw on a blogpost that the walrus serves gluten free food so I popped in to speak to a member of staff who checked with the chef if the gf haddock and chips were suitable for a coeliac, and thankfully they were!! The batter was made using gluten free beer and the haddock and chips were delicious, the pub had a lovely old school atmosphere about it and was nicely decorated with good service. I would recommend.

Reviewed March 18, 2018

Recently came here for the Sunday Roast and was blown away by the quick service, the beef was very tender and juicy as was my wife's pork belly. The vegetable and potatoes were perfect accompanied by fluffy yorkshire puddings. The real star of the show for me was the sumptuous sticky toffee pudding which was one of the best I have ever tasted!
Will definitely be back!

Reviewed March 15, 2018

Delicious tasty beef, good portion traditional surroundings. Dog friendly and prompt service would recommend

1  Thank BUONISSIMOVIAGGIO