“Shoulder to shoulder ”

Ranked #44 of 91 Restaurants in Swanage
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A nice spot on the path from the museum to the theatre but they do try and cram people in. If you don’t mind sitting cheek to cheek with total strangers then you’ll be fine here. Food ok but expensive and, having taken a photo of the tall, skinny, grey haired ‘chef’ eating from prepared plates of food with his fingers we won’t be going back. Good luck.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stopped here for lunch on Saturday. The food arrived pretty promptly and was plentiful and tasty. The furniture does rather overcrowd the room. Shame there was no crab available, but maybe that was the fault of the weather.
Don't expect anything fancy and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

First thing to note is that this place only takes cash and you have to pay up front!!! Nevertheless, we ate at this cafe twice. Both times I had good food, (fisherman's breakfast). On the second occasion, which was a Sunday morning, I had the Fisherman's breakfast again, which includes coffee and my partner ordered beans on toast and requested an additional fried egg, a latte coffee and a rasher of bacon. The whole meal came to £19.60!!! My breakfast was £8.50 and the latte coffee was £2.75. This meant that the beans on toast consisting of 1 slice of toast with a few beans on plus an egg and a rasher of bacon came at a cost of £8.35 (just 15p less than my full breakfast). My partner queried this and was told that we had been overcharged by £2.50. However, the server never returned with our money!!! We left a little disgruntled to say the least

1  Thank Drew186305
Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Went with my mum and sister to try somewhere different for our Tuesday coffee. We weren’t greeted by any staff or told we have to order at the counter. When my mum and I went to order the grumpy woman behind the counter didn’t even say hello or smile she just looked as if we we’re inconveniencing her. She took our order and we went and sat down. The coffees arrived by a waitress who also didn’t smile and she just dumped the tray on the table and walked away. I had a breakfast of cheap looking eggy bread, one cheap hash brown and 2 fried eggs that looked like they would be served in a school canteen and had to get my own cutlery! My cappuccino was ok but not great but my sisters mug of coffee was absolutely vile! Never had coffee that disgusting in my life! She wouldn’t let us complain unfortunately. I don’t know who owns/runs this place now but they need to have a think about where they want their business to go and give their staff some training!

1  Thank Roxanne T
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Whilst visiting Swanage for the day, we had afternoon tea & cake in the Brook tea rooms. As we had our dog with us we were very happy they were dog friendly. We ordered tea & cake, the staff were very friendly, the service was very good as was the tea & cake. We will definitely be returning to try out other items on the menu. There was a great range of teas as well.