“Wife’s Birthday Meal”
Review of The Green

The Green
Reserve with OpenTable
The Green is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Sherborne
Price range: US$8 - US$44
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful night at The Green, not a huge menu but enough variety. Our favourite course was dessert! Amazing pashonfruit creme brûlée! Will visit again for a special occasion.

1  Thank richardehope1966

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Wonderful meal in a traditional restaurant without pretentious accompaniment. Try the halibut and Guinea Fowl

1  Thank Zel-Kel
Reviewed 6 October 2018

I booked The Green as a place to treat my husband to lunch on his birthday. He was in Dorset for work so we had no prior knowledge of the restaurant. What a find! The food was absolutely delicious. It was sophisticated without being pretentious, fresh and full of flavour. I had the vegetarian option and each mouthful was a sensory experience. My husband had the duck as his main course, a dish he often orders but in this case was exemplary.
The service was attentive , warm but not overbearing. The ambience delightful if a little quiet - not surprising for mid week in October.

The Menu du Jour was exceptionally good value for money.

My only reservation is that by writing this review more people will discover this gem and I will have difficulty booking next time!

Thank you for a lunch which made our day.

1  Thank lizfam
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Returned to the Green after several years bringing some friends with much anticipation. I had reviewed then that it was one of the best restaurants I had ever dined in. It was a different owner than when I had been before, so wasn't quite sure what to expect. However, we were not disappointed. The food was superb and the service was great. We had a most enjoyable evening. Next time I am in UK in that vicinity I will definitely return.

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank Kathy D
Reviewed 30 September 2018

We were lucky to dine at The Green on Friday evening as the restaurant was quiet, between two nights when they were fully-booked. All three of us chose from the £27/head 3-course menu (Fri & Sat) and had an outstanding meal, preluded by a gorgeous silky celeriac velouté. The food was well-presented and the selection of vegetables included with each dish was varied and very tasty. The desserts did not disappoint either - gorgeous! We can easily see how Sasha and his team could be on their way to earning their first Michelin star and with food of this standard, the meal represented very good value for money. Our only criticism was some unnecessarily heavy-handed throwing away of bottles, etc behind the bar, which clashed with the otherwise relaxing and comfortable 'dining room' environment.

Date of visit: September 2018