Hotel Miramar
Hotel Piccadilly(Bournemouth)
The Queens Hotel(Bournemouth)
Grosvenor Hotel(Bournemouth)
View Hotel
All reviewsdavid baileysilver servicedrawing roomoverlooking the seaafternoon teatraditional hotelsunday lunchwedding venuewedding breakfastsconesrestaurant managercar parklovely hotelwaiting staffair showthe cliffpublic areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was disappointed with the room I was allocated during my 3 night stay. A musty smell greeted me as I walking through the door. My room on the second floor looked out towards some flats on the left hand side of the hotel, and was quite dark. The room was tired looking and in need of refurbishment. The bathroom was narrow, badly lit, and the bath was awkward to get into due to the bath screen. The plug wouldn’t hold water, but after reporting the problem it was rectified. Then it was a bit slow to drain.

The walls were thin I could hear guests talking on the floor below, and someone snoring one night.

The bedding was clean, and the room was tidied and well presented by the maid.

On the last day I found a silverfish on the bed and a few in the bathroom. It was obviously dampness which was attracting them. The extractor fan in the bathroom made a dreadful noise.

The restaurant, however, was very good and the food was excellent.The serving staff were attentive, but a bit slow at busy times. The wine waiter bypassed us on a couple of occasions and we had to ask a few times for our orders.The dessert menu was the same every evening, a bit fruit heavy. It would have been a nice change to have a chocolate option.

The hotel is in a beautiful spot and a pleasant steep walk down to the pier and gardens and beach. A bit of a climb up, not a problem if you are fairly fit.

Room Tip: A refurbished room with a sea view.
Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pippin03
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Right on the front at East Overcliff. Service throughout was considerate and well accomplished, in public rooms as in the eating areas. My request for gluten free food was easily met, and my need recognised on several occasions unbidden, the sign of well trained staff. This hotel seems to want to make everything easy for the guest.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank claimaday
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent service talking to reception prior to booking. We arriving for a wedding and wanted an early check in so we could change prior to wedding this was no problem. Arrived at 10.30 and were able to go straight to room.
As the hotel is old and traditional it was to stay in a hotel with character.
different size rooms, original grand stairway, extremely well maintained gardens and I even noticed the caretaker clearing puddles in the car park prior to guests arriving!
The staff where all friendly and helpful from allowing early check in, in order to change for a 1 o’clock wedding at the hotel to getting extra tea bags for tea in our room at midnight.
Position is ideal it’s on top of the beach and 10 min walk to city center .
The food for the wedding breakfast was excellent.
Unfortunately we left early to beat good Friday traffic so did not sample the breakfast.
If you want long straight corridors with lots of equal boxes for rooms along with lots of glass and stainless steel this is not the hotel for you.
However if you want character, friendliness and value for money this is the place.
PS Ample free parking for guests, arrive,park and walk no stress involved.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sanso66
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don't like writing bad reviews, but I'm not happy.... So called 4 star hotel that doesn't offer the most basic of services for bookings. A family member of mine is having there wedding reception there and I tried to book a single night and was required to put down a deposit and I offered to pay more than asked on the room rate, so I would not have to put down a deposit, but no it's still a problem. It's not 4 star service.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank benjaminchandiram
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently organised a weekend visit to Bournemouth for a group of 43. This involved dinner on the Friday night, a five course banquet on the Saturday plus breakfast on the Saturday and Sunday. We had exclusive use of the lounge for dancing to a disco on the Friday night and to a live band on the Saturday night. The whole event was extremely well organised by the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed by those attending. The service was efficient and friendly and the food of a very high standard. A would strongly recommend this hotel for such events.

Room Tip: Sea vieware the most popular. Also there are several rooms which are both bigger and more luxurious than the norm..
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends