“Excellent meal, great service”

The Crab at Bournemouth
Reserve with OpenTable
The Crab at Bournemouth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 815 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Price range: US$20 - US$77
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located directly opposite the BIC and a short walk to Bournemouth's sandy beach makes The Crab a perfect destination for a relaxing lunch or early dinner before a show.Why not try fish and chips 'The Crab way' with our 'Posh Fish & Chips' or just enjoy the local oysters and a glass of fizz.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We visited the restaurant for an anniversary dinner and I was asked when I made the resevation if it was for a special occasion, which I thought was a nice touch as we got a little "happy anniversary" extra for dessert.

The food was all very well cooked and presented to a high standard and the service was very friendly and attentive without being over the top. I was also pleasantly surprised when the bill arrived as it was lower than I would have expected for such a good, three course meal for two. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and shall return in the future.

1  Thank travster
Peter D, Manager at The Crab at Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear travster,

Thank you for writing a post about your recent dining experience at The Crab Restaurant. We always look forward to receiving feedback from our Guests.

I was delighted to read you found the food to be excellent and presented on a high standard, which was complimented well by friendly and efficient staff. I am also pleased to read that we had impressed you with the happy anniversary plate as we always try to go for an extra mile for our customers, and I'm happy to see our work has paid off.

Once again thank you for dining with us and we hope to see you again!

Restaurant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,919)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Went for lunch on a "grey day" following the recent renovation and change of ownership. Initially we were the only customers ! A few others drifted in but lack of people meant no atmosphere.Despite this we had a very good meal. The menu is predominately fish and we had excellent fish dishes which we enjoyed. Quality food, well presented,interesting flavours, attentive service. We have a second home in the town and eat out extensively; we would now put this in our Top 10. Shame it isn't better supported.

Peter D, Manager at The Crab at Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear 1941bigjohn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor.

I was glad to read that you had a very good meal and enjoyed your fish dishes. I will make sure to pass these comments on to the kitchen and waiting staff who will gladly receive them. I am sorry that you felt there was a lack of atmosphere during your lunch, this was certainly due to choosing a quiet time to dine. However, it was especially pleasing to note that you found your food to be of high quality with interesting flavours, and that the service provided met your standards placing us within your personal top ten restaurants!

We do look forward to welcoming you again in the near future, when we can hopefully present you with a thriving atmosphere to enjoy.

Petar Dragoev,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My daughter took me to The Crab for Easter Sunday lunch. The staff were so warm and thoughtful. We both had Sea bass which was mouthwatering especially with a chilled glass of New Zealand sauvignon. My daughter had the hazelnut dessert which was beautifully presented and delicious. To finish I chose cheese and biscuits and the staff brought out a plate saying Happy Birthday which was a lovely touch. Great atmosphere. Will definitely go back.

2  Thank W8262JFvictorial
Peter D, Manager at The Crab at Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear W8262JFvictorial,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments and feedback regarding your Easter Sunday lunch.

We strive every day to deliver great food and service, and I am glad you enjoyed your lunch with us here at The Crab Restaurant. I am happy you had such an amazing time celebrating your birthday. We always try to make our guests feel special and add a little touch to the experience.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we all hope to welcome you back soon!

Petar Dragoev,

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

First time here, great food especially the Risotto and scallops. Staff also very attentive however lobster was over cooked but luckily the other courses were fab!

Peter D, Manager at The Crab at Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear 867sharone,

Thank you for your kind review and excellent rating.We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed our service and food.

I am sorry to hear that your lobster was over cooked, however I am glad that you found the rest of the food to be fabulous.
Once again, thank you for dining with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back at Crab Restaurant.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had an excellent meal here. The food was lovely, with a nice wine list and cocktails. The atmosphere was perfect - live music in the background with busy but well spaced tables. The staff were very good too - very helpful and knowledgeable. Well done.

2  Thank digitaljess

Dear digitaljess,

Thank you for your kind review and excellent rating on your recent dining experience with us. We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed our service and hospitality.

Your special mention of our service quality has been duly shared with the team, and will definitely continue to inspire all our staff in working towards ensuring the highest standards of service and hospitality all the times.

Once again, thank you for choosing Crab Restaurant and we look forward to welcoming you back.