“Attentive staff Pleasant evening.”

Ben's Wine and Tapas
Ranked #37 of 103 Restaurants in Totnes
Price range: US$2 - US$38
Description: Good food from good farming, brought to you in a Mediterranean small plate style. Accompanied by a choice of over 250 wines to have in for a small corkage fee or to takeaway.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Very nice place, Relaxed, Food was really nice, Took the waitresses advice on suitable wine, So glad i did, Was so nice i bought a bottle to take home. Look forward to my next visit to Totnes and Ben's.

1  Thank oldrockermike
Harry W, Manager at Ben's Wine and Tapas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Thanks for the good feed back

Ben's Wine and Tapas manage

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Great relaxed atmosphere, made by the staff, waitresses were all superb! Barolo nice & decanted, tapas kept coming as the kitchen cooked it, the way it should be, not all together! Only spoilt by a very noisy table of twelve next to us. We will return.

Deserts not as good as the tapas, but nice ice cream.

1  Thank Neil H

Hi There

Thanks for the good feedback. The Barolo is one om my favourites.
We are trying some more soft furnishing upstairs to soften the sound as this has been a problem.

Hope to see you again soon.

Ben's Wind and Tapas manager

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were hoping to enjoy few tapas and a glass of wine. While we received a pleasant welcome, the rest of the evening was rather poor, the only positive being the wine which was very nice. The chicken skewers were not from a nice piece of meat, and lacked seasoning. The sharing platter with deli also lacked in quality. We wanted to order half a bottle of proseco that was on the menu and were told that it wasn’t possible and we could only have it by the glass. I asked for the manager at this point, but was told they were not there. Finally, we received a bill which incorrectly charged for the wine we had. I really wish I could write a positive review, the place seemed very lovely from the outside.

Hi there

Very sorry to hear about you experience at the bar. I will follow up on the chicken skewers. We use free range chicken thighs for the skewers and it might have been the case our butcher didn't take all the cartilage out.
At the moment we are really struggling with our supplier to get the half bottles of La Jar prosecco in but we are working on re stocking them.
At the time you came into the tapas bar my assistant manager had left and I must have not been in that night so i do apologise there was nobody to receive your complaint.
Again I'm very sorry about you receiving the wrong bill, these mistakes do happen especially when we have new staff, and we are constantly training our staff to give better customer service.

Again I'm very sorry about your experience at Ben's Wine and Tapas.

Ben's Wine and Tapas manager

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Really good. I organised an informal business lunch for 11 French people who gave a big thumbs up to both the food and wine. I was looking for an experience that embraced the local food culture that Totnes and surrounding area is renowned for but also offered something different, away from the heavy pub food that dominates most menus. They really know how to cook vegetables here; making the most of the freshness and quality that you would expect from the Riverford stable.

2  Thank HalGillmore
Harry W, Manager at Ben's Wine and Tapas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thanks Hal for your kind words - it really was a pleasure to have you all!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Really nice lunch here at Ben's. All the tapas we ordered was well prepared and delicious. Houlumi fries, slow cook pork and fried squid were the best. But I'm sure all items are great. Small seating area downstairs, which is preferred spot to be. I recommend Ben's as it was an enjoyable lunch. Go...

1  Thank UKD97

We're so happy you enjoyed it - thanks for recommending us.

Look forward to seeing you again!