3,692 results
All reviews sea view per night car park large balcony sun loungers premium room lovely hotel patio doors steam room outdoor pool an upgrade leisure facilities dining room public rooms lick of paint evening meal night break
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Although I had a problem with a room upgrade before my arrival, it was dealt with to my satisfaction in a very professional manner, so no complaints. Having stayed before I can not fault the Hotel, still at its high standard. From the outside it does not look much. but on entering, it all changes. Had a room with a sea view which is stunning, with balcony, good size room, clean with comfortable bed and good size bathroom, excellent toiletries. Had dinner and breakfast in the Restaurant which apart from dessert at dinner, was very good. As usual all staff very professional. So all in all another very good stay at the Imperial, Many Thanks, keep up the good work

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PaulTarmas
Aneta E, Manager at The Imperial Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Paul

Thank you fro your review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I love the imperial hotel. It’s got a touch of quality and class without being stuffy.
All staff polite and professional yet friendly. Had great treatment from maddy on reception and Barbara and Matt Hudson as waiters - very pleasant and great service.All waiting staff excellent.
Food was lovely- neat little portions but gave you room for a dessert or cheeseboard!
Up to date range of choices on the menu. Good wine selection. Sip a nice cold glass of Sauvignon whilst listening to the tinkling of the piano player!
The view over the bay is spectacular- could not use balcony due to health n safety reasons which is a shame - would be more disappointing in summertime.
We were allocated a suite which was very comfortable and cosy. I hope when the refurb is done they keep the hotel traditional and don t turn it into a modern boutique type thing.
It’s opulence and traditional grandeur should be maintained
... it’s a delight.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank helen h

Dear Helen

Thank you for taken the time review your stay with us. It is great you have enjoyed your stay with us. We very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel very soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We stayed a night at the Imperial Hotel. When we arrived we expected the charged parking but did wonder where to pay. We found you pay when you check in at Reception as maybe the pay machine is broken. We found checking in to be efficient and was told where to go up the lift to our room. We found the room but our two key cards didnt work so I had to go back to reception where I went the wrong way and the lift I found was out of order so had to walk down to reception and I was on the fourth floor. I was given two new keys which worked. The room was very nice considering it was a Sunday special offer. The bathroom was very nice too. The beds were so comfy. We used the swimming pool which was really nice. There was a large window with a view of the bay which gave a lovely feeling when swimming. Be fabulous in the summer. There was friendly helpful staff and plenty of towels. The bar and seating areas are fabulous. They gave a nice air of ambiance. We had an offer with evening meal two courses included. We had a beautiful view of the bay whilst having evening meal. The food was nice but I was slightly disappointed but for the offer it was fine. The waitress was very efficient and friendly. The breakfast was excellent. The views make the restaurant. The staff are helpful.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rainbowwarrier

Dear rainbowwarrier

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your kind comments to rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This hotel has some real old world charm and character. Located in possibly the best location in Torquay. Really nice bar and restaurant making maximum use of the views on offer. Always upgrade to a room with a balcony. It is worth it.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary C
Aneta E, Manager at The Imperial Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Gary

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Views from the hotel are amazing. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We were properly looked after from the moment we arrived. The food was excellent as was the service. All of the staff were attentive, professional and yet relaxed. A happy establishment that was a joy to stay in.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank julesmiddleditch

Dear Jules

Thank you for you review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back.