“£6.70 for a beer!!”

Wildwood at Royal William Yard
Ranked #71 of 776 Restaurants in Plymouth
Description: The newly opened Wildwood in Royal William Yard is located next to the Bakery in the Slaughterhouse building in the historic Plymouth Royal William Yard. This beautifully designed restored old Slaughterhouse is perfect for any occasion. Open from 10am for coffee and a large selection of freshly baked pastries and breads, freshly prepared salads and sandwiches displayed in our Wildwood Deli section where we also sell a selection of interesting artisan products
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First time visit for lunch. Very pleasant venue and nice to see the cooking areas whist not in your face. Very pleasant staff. Food 'nice' but nothing to rave about although we weren't disappointed. Wish I'd taken my reading glasses as when checking out the drinks menu although I could just about see what drinks were on offer I couldn't make out the prices and to be honest I expect them to be a bit more expensive, but £6.70 for a 660c bottle of premium lager!! Premium or not that is pretty outrageous even by city standards.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I visited on Easter Sunday with family who had been before and had recommended we book for lunch. On entering it was clear there had been no need to book as the place was very quiet even though the Royal William Yard was very busy outside.

We ordered starters and mains. My starter was calamari which was ok, nothing special, and two of the group had meatballs which they said were nice, but a very small serving even bearing in mind it was a starter!

Then on to the mains. I had ordered a chicken burger which came with bacon and jallepinos, I asked for the jallepinos to be removed which they had been, but my chicken and bacon in the burger were burnt to a crisp! I called over a waitress, who thought they were a bit overdone and offered to get me a new burger, When it returned it was better but I did not notice till the end that there wasn't actually any bacon on there but there were jallepinos on my plate, as they weren't touching my burger at all I did not draw their attention to it.
The person who had lasagne enjoyed it, but that's all it was, a very small lasagne, no salad or garlic bread, luckily he had also ordered fries.
The other meals, a cob salad and a boar burger were reportedly nice enough, but nothing special.
We were really disappointed with our meal, specially the family members who had been before who said they had never had such a poor meal there.
Based on this visit, I don't think I will be visiting again,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is a great location with great food and amazing atmosphere. I can’t fault anything about our night out here. Food great-staff great-drinks great. Floor is a little dodgy if you are in heels.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Decided to give this place a go, we usually go to Pierres. Welcoming enough, order taken promptly. Ordered the Courgette & spinach penne my husband ordered the Spaghetti with tiger prawns. The menu states crispy courgettes, they were not, I hate courgettes but I do enjoy them when they are crispy, totally different taste. The spaghetti prawns was certainly that not much sight of prawns - 4 in total!! The dishes were ok but nothing special. After the plates were cleared, we were then given a menu for dessert, we kept waiting so long for the order to be taken 30 minutes that we didn't bother, asked for the bill, which came very quickly and left. Would I visit again, perhaps. It is nothing special with very little atmosphere, having said that it is clean and airy. I would image having lunch there on a lovely sunny day with a table outside would probably be lovely.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a lovely evening again - we visit both the restaurants in town and at the yard. Gianmarco kindly organised a kids pizza to be made into a calzone for our son, and the service and food was impeccable as always. Thank you for making a little person happy!