“Excellent coffee and breakfast”
Review of Jacka Bakery

Jacka Bakery
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Plymouth
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Description: Jacka Bakery is once again a family bakery, with everything made and baked on site. If you are looking for top quality artisan bread and delicious local speciality coffee then we are the place to be. But if you are looking for sticky buns, pink fingers or a friary mill; we are not the place for you. We have worked very hard to decorate and update the bakery, leaving in the original features. We also work extremely hard to bring to top quality food, made fresh on the premises, daily. We are new owners with a new passion and ethos. We welcome you to join us. You better be quick, our bread is popular....
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I stopped in here for a quick breakfast early in the morning. Fortunately it was a weekday so there was no problem with getting a table. The coffee was excellent, and they had non-dairy milk as well. I had the bacon and eggs and the portion was big enough for two people. There were 3 doorstops of bread, 5 rashers of bacon and 2 eggs; all were beautifully cooked. The bread, as expected, was amazing and was probably some of the best I've ever had. Overall an excellent bakery and I would definitely recommend a visit.

1  Thank CanterburyCharlie

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Popped in for a snack at lunchtime and was presented with a freshly made to order ham, cheese and pickle sandwich to take away. This was quite the most brilliant sandwich I’ve ever seen. My only mistake was not to eat in with a knife and fork. However, somehow I managed to consume it on the go without spilling its contents. If you’re hungry and want some bang for your buck then this is the place to go.

1  Thank Robin N
Reviewed 13 May 2018

I have tried sour dough from Glasgow to Plymouth (now) and Jacka's sour dough is THE best I have tried. I previously thought one in South Shropshire was the best, but Jacks's beats that. Price wise you get a large loaf for your money, so I don't get the comment saying it is expensive, quality foods needs quality ingredients and Jacka's uses these. The crust is dark, crisp and delicious. The crumb has holes and the right amount of sourness. Such a shame I live 275 miles away.....

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

I found this place for lunch today, not expecting anything special but it was. The coffee was excellent and a simple ham and cheese sandwich was nothing short of exceptional! I'm already looking forward to my next visit

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

amazing breakfast/lunch for a very affordable price and the best sourdough bread i have ever had!! one of my favourite places to go in Plymouth!