“Friendly cafe by the sea”

Rockets and Rascals
Ranked #5 of 55 Coffee & Tea in Plymouth
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 February 2018

I have visited this cafe on several occasions and have always found the staff extremely friendly and welcoming, The coffee is so far, the best in Plymouth. The food is excellent, but a little pricey. It is always busy and if I ever was to buy a bike, I would definitely consider this place. They are clearly very knowledgeable and host a lot of events for the cycling enthusiast.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

We still feel that they serve the best coffees here and try and visit every time we are on the Barbican. We were pleased to see it so busy on a very cold winters day - mainly the cyclist brigade. The staff didn't give the usual friendly service we had come to expect and some of the chairs are now looking a little worse for wear.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Finished our cycle ride back here in the Barbican, actually organised by this cafe / shop.

Woow what a place for a cyclist, the coffee and cakes are up there with the best I have had even compared to cycle trips in France, Belgium, and Italy.

Great little shop to where you can stock up on most things needed for a ride, even a new bike..!

The decor is pretty cool also and the staff very pleasant, nice guy called Steve made us all feel very welcome.

Will visit again and bring more friends on bikes..! See you in the spring make sure you have some more of those amazing flapjack cake things :-)

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Please, please, please employ someone that is already trained on making coffee. Your standard of coffee has gone down hill in the last month or so. And, I work hard for my money and don't like wasting it on badly made coffee. We come here for the good atmosphere of the place, but then are turned off by the coffee and then move on.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

I love coming to Rockets and Rascals for a catch up, breakfast, coffee, light lunch AND if you want they can service your bike too. Great atmosphere, nice decor and a fun place to hang out with friends.