Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$50
View deal
eDreamsUS$50
FindHotelUS$50
PricelineUS$50
Agoda.comUS$50
StayForLong
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 June 2021

Such a lovely hostel!! Really clean showers and great staff.

Have to give a massive thank you to especially James and Lee who arranged for my laptop, which I left in the room by accident, to be shipped back to me in Ireland. They were really honest and went above and beyond to help me!!

Will definitely stay there again if in the area.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2020 via mobile

I dont put up a lot of negative reviews here. But this place is one to miss. We were "upgraded" to a ten bed room from a four bed. Although initially it looked clean on closer quarters it was quite dirty. With furls of dust and hair on pipes. The stairs was a death trap with some of the steps sloping away. The window handle broke off leaving the window neither open or closed. The room was freezing and for some reason tge radiator wasnt working. The shower was tiny and was stuck together with tape. There was no fire escape from our room and I would consider the place to actually be a death trap. The window barely opened and the area it is in is very run down and certainly not one to encourage tourists. I dont mind roughing it but this was way beyond that

If in Plymouth avoid this one like the plague. You might actually get it if you stay.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank paull365
Reviewed 14 October 2019

I have stayed in hostels across the UK but never have I been to one eith such good value for money, friendly and helpful staff, that is clean and tidy in the fitting atmosphere! Highly recommend to the young at heart! The boss, Otto, will leave us breathless. Superb!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2019

Picked up bed bugs from this place and proceeded to get stung on my camping trip afterwards. Seems like they did nothing after the previous report (a month ago). I still don’t know how I can remove them from things that won’t go into the dryer.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank LoneTraveller2626
Lee W, Manager at Plymouth Backpackers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2019

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. We have now replaced all our wooden bunk beds with new metal bunk beds and had the hotel treated for bed bugs. Eradicated any sign of them.

Reviewed 20 August 2019

We picked up bedbugs during our one-night stay (enforced due to ferry delay). They unmistakably came from this hotel, because we came from home, not another hotel, and we went camping the following week in our hitherto clean tent. In the tent we were bitten all over the place and saw the actual bugs walking around. Yes, this is a problem that can occur anywhere, but you expect paid accommodation to try and stay on top of this. However, when I phoned to tell them about it, the receptionist seemed unconcerned and uninterested. I emailed the owners, but have not had a reply of any kind. I have since contacted Plymouth Environmental Health to ask them to look into this hostel.
We have spent a lot of time and money trying to eradicate them from our belongings on our return home and are still not finished.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank Busylizzie53
Lee W, General Manager at Plymouth Backpackers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2019

Thanks for your feedback. We have since taken appropriate steps to eradicate any evidence of bed bugs and replaced all of our beds. Many thanks.