Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Priceline
Agoda.comUS$55
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2019 via mobile

Booked female dorm for night out with girls. Pay for what you get. Would stay again. Friendly simple and easy plus close to town. It is a hostel so don’t expect hand and foot service. But then it’s cheap and suitable for just one night or 2

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2019

The hostel is easy to find and is in a great location for the city centre.
Hostel is basic with some rooms better than others - but i did like the bedcovers. Wifi worked well, shower hot.
Breakfast of cereals and toast good, but opens at varying times!
Good value basic accommodation.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2019 via mobile

Turned up 10 minutes before they closed up for the night. Owner was friendly and very helpful. We were told breakfast started at 8, but when the owner discovered we were leaving at that time he ensured it would be open by 7 instead.

Room was what you expected and included an en-suite. Particularly enjoyed the random duvet covers including mine of Union J.

Only issues were a plug socket not working in the room.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2019

Booked for an overnight stay for my birthday due to the amazingly low price (booked 2 rooms for 8 people) came to roughly £13 each. We were heading out for the night so just needed somewhere close by to crash.
First impression wasn't great as we stood around not knowing how to get in as no one answered the door. After paying (£27 for myself due to charges not specified when booked) we were shown to our rooms which were expectidly bog standard and were told to EACH pay £20 deposit incase we were loud coming in which is in my opinion absurd considering the amount the rooms cost. Clearly, the owner (whom we never met) is keen to get what they can out of us.
My brother ended up unexpectedly staying in a spare bed in our room after the night out. We were moved due to plumbing issues into a room with 6 beds. We decided in the morning to explain he had nowhere to stay and we are more than happy to pay for his stay but we were well made VERY aware in the morning that we would lose the totalled £80 deposit for his stay which as being uni students we cannot afford.
We were also made aware that we were loud in the morning which seems to me not possible as we slept until 9/10am to be out by 11am and spent the morning collecting our things (hungover). I feel as we are aged 19-25 we were taken advantage of and rinsed of our cash. I Will never stay here again, waste of money and quite frankly due to rude staff really put a downer on my birthday.
All In all cost me almost £50 to stay in a stretching 3 star hostel. Wish id gone with an air bnb.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank misswinter22
Lee W, General Manager at Plymouth Backpackers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2019

Hi.

Thanks for your feedback. Hungover is a clue to your appalling behaviour, but don’t worry about having to make the decision that you would never revisit us as I can assure you that you never will be allowed to stay with us again. Your attitudes and drunken behaviour were disgusting and I would warn any Air bnb about letting you stay at any of their establishments.

Regards, Lee

Reviewed 16 January 2019

My boyfriend and I had to spend an emergency night in Plymouth, and called these guys to ask if there were rooms available. We arrived half an hour later and was greeted by a friendly, well-travelled receptionist who told us that we had been upgraded to the flat around the corner. She gave us a key and sent us on with directions. We entered a warm 2 bed flat furnished with 2 sets of bunk beds with a bathroom, kitchen, garden and working TV. It wasn't exactly luxury (obviously) but it was clean and comfortable, and we had the place all to ourselves. It was also in close proximity to a co-op, chinese restaurant and pub serving food. We had a good night.

Date of stay: January 2019