“We 8 ate very well indeed !!”
Review of Hakka

Hakka
Ranked #67 of 785 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$0 - US$38
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Proud to present our Fresh Homemade Dim Sum for your pleasure, traditionally used by weary merchant along the Silk Road. Dim Sum means to touch the heart and we hope our efforts give you the same satisfaction. With acclaimed chefs from Hong Kong, Hakka promises to provide you a variety of delicate Chinese Dim Sum and authentic Asian dishes. The elegant and classic interior also offers you a delightful place to enjoy Cantonese-style cuisines and to experience the excitements of oriental dinning.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I was organising an evening out for 8, and pre-ordered the meal after having looked through the menu which was emailed to me.

Don't be put off by the lack of frontage, as on the first floor this is a modern take on a restaurant, clean and spacious.

All of our dishes were really tasty, obviously prepared with quality ingredients and handled with care; and presented in a very appetising manner, not just piled high!!

I am sure there are Chinese establishments in Plymouth where you can eat cheaper, but I strongly doubt you'll have had such a pleasant experience that lingers on the palate.

We'll be returning with others, so they too can experience this refreshing take on Chinese cuisine.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Food:
We ordered different meat dishes each thus we tried chicken, beef, duck, port, tofu and veg. Some are good some are not so good with average portion but they are all equally pricy. For example, Pok Choi was tasty but relatively small portion for £8. Dessert options were limited too. Therefore we were slightly disappointed and didn't think it worth the money overall unless the quality and portion increase.

Service:
Waitresses were very very friendly since booking, but very stretched thus couldn't attend to customers promptly.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Always used to eat at the noodle lounge but dropped in for lunch and just as good. Superb food always the best in Plymouth. Owner really great, funny guy. Waitress Nan lovely too...x

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My wife has been raving about Hakka since she was here for lunch a couple of months ago. Last week while in town with her and my bro-in-law I finally I occasion to find out why.
We split several plates of dim sum - each one was delicious and presented wonderfully, along with a quick explanation of what had arrived.
I also ordered a hot-sour soup which was simply the best I’ve ever had.
Can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed 10 February 2018

I have been a regular at this restaurant for years and after another fantastic meal on 8th Feb 2018 felt another review was in order after I was told by my fellow guests of the highly insulting review by 'Stonecalf' the previous week.

I have both lived and worked in the Far East for many years and on this occasion took some other very well traveled guests with me to Hakka. I rang the owner Johnny a few days before and gave him some ideas of the type of meal we would like and simply left the rest to him - the result was a 4 course feast of exceptional quality. All of my 6 guests thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience with at least 2 of them stating it was the best Chinese food they had tasted in the UK.

As I have said in previous reviews, if your preference is for overcooked, highly colorful, MSG soaked food that takeaways in the UK specialize in - Hakka is not for you. This place is the real deal with fresh, local ingredients beautifully cooked in the authentic style - trust me this is the quality you get in the best restaurants in Hong Kong.

Following the very personal attack on the owner by 'Stonecalf' (who I notice prefers to post these type of insulting reviews) I would also like to state that I have known Johnny for many years and he is a lovely, welcoming restauranteur who has a great knowledge and pride in the quality of his food and will do his utmost to ensure his guests have a great experience. Yes the serving staff sometimes get a bit overwhelmed but this is only due to them being native Chinese and trying to cope with Western style drinks orders and demands!!! They do a great job with permanent smiles on their faces, some people should exercise a bit more tolerance. I would also point out that your use of the term 'little manager' is very insulting - if you have actually ever been to Asia you may have noticed that they are generally smaller than Europeans. I do not understand why someone's stature should be included in any review?

Final message to Stonecalf: sort your grammar and spelling out, don't be so insulting and stick to Chinese takeaway as I would be disappointed if I were to be in a restaurant at a table near you and had to listen to your ill informed complaining.

7  Thank Nick A