All reviews roll top bath wedding breakfast lovely wedding exclusive use wedding reception clotted cream manor house wembury beach national trust beautiful hotel coastal path sunday lunch large room four poster bed superior room lovely room stayed one night
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

We were so excited to have a night away child free for our 7 year anniversary - first time in over a year! We booked a £200 room. Around half 6 my partner had a shower, the hot water quickly turned cold, so off I went down to reception as the phone in our room didn’t work either. The duty manager said he would reset the boiler but nothing could be done about the phone. After an hour still no hot water so again went down to reception, duty manager came to our room to see for himself, he then said he would restart boiler again. By half 8 and numerous of times chasing the staff to do something the duty manager came and knocked on our door to say he’s called someone out to look at it, by this point I’m fed up, he offered to fully refund us and we could go home, or a reduced price on the room (£70 back) we agreed the reduction after our water was sorted by half 9!! Not exactly the romantic night in we had planned!!
The next morning we went down to check out and get our refund (they charge you as you check in) the girl on the desk knew nothing about it although there was clearly a minus £70 on our check out bill, was told there was no management in the building and the owner Geoffrey would ring me when he got in an hour later. We reluctantly left!
5 hours later and no phone call I decided to ring myself. I asked to speak to Geoffrey. Jeeeeez, this man is rude! He was shouting down the phone at me basically calling me s liar ( although his manager had witnessed the cold water) he slagged off this manager to me saying he was new and didn’t have authority to compensate. I tried to explain that wasn’t my problem and I had been promised a reduction. Geoffrey said he needed to speak to this manager and would honour the refund. He was due to ring me back later that day. It is now nearly 2 weeks later, every time I ring the hotel I’m told he is not there and he will ring me back! I’m disgusted with how we have been treated, and how much we paid for a night away chasing the staff at this hotel! The owner needs a few lessons in customer service - I pity anyone having a wedding here and having to deal with him!
Won’t be returning - and currently advising as many people as I can not to go here!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Jamelabousaida
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed one night on a business trip. The room was huge, really comfortable bed. Huge bath and shower. Tea, coffee, hairdryer and free WiFi. Lovely room in a large country manor, gardens and a nice view. Breakfast was a bit of a let down, not much choice and poached eggs verging on the hard side.
A bit in the middle of nowhere.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We were booked into a double room right at the top of the hotel . It was in the attic space and there were several narrow and steep steps to get to . There are no lifts in this hotel .The small room had a very small window and it was very depressing ( although it had a lovely updated bathroom ). Staff were very understanding and moved us next door to a much larger roomier and airy double bedroom which had a bathroom view overlooking the cows in the fields. We kept this window open to let in cool air as it was very hot up in the attic space and the one other window in the bedroom was a sash window (overlooking the roof ) which was fastened for security.
The bed was slightly hard and creaked and we could have done with a better updated mattress with a soft topper. The furniture is a bit dated as is the hotel ...but the hotel ( which reminds me of a beautiful lady ageing gracefully ) more than makes up for it by its location and tranquil country setting.
The bathroom is updated with a lovely rain shower and there are the complimentary bottles of shampoo etc . It was very peaceful and quiet at night and in the morning , we were awakened by the lovely sounds of moo-in and baa-ing from the fields ( all very delightful ).
For breakfast , one could order a full English or poached eggs etc . There was a buffet providing packets of cereals , fresh cut fruit in apple juice , juices etc but it was not a huge selection ( bearing in mind this is a small hotel ). Staff were great multi-taskers ; serving one at breakfast and cleaning your room later.
We had dinner here one evening and enjoyed the amuse Boucher prior to our orders of the tandoori spiced monkfish and the Devon lamb rump. The monkfish was beautifully cooked as was the lamb. For dessert we decided to have the cheese board. Sadly the board which had several biscuits chutney and jam was badly let down by the thin slivers of cheese. For the price , I could not recommend the cheese board to anyone .
Nevertheless , the grand old dame of this hotel in its setting by the lake is a wonderful place to stay for a night or two ( if you can bear driving down the narrow country lanes ).
Thanks to all the wonderful staff for a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: First floor rooms if you have mobility issues
Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Amazing hotel on an amazing location. The building its just stunning either from in or outside. Clean a rustic. Big green garden and large rooms.

I was about to leave less stars because they've charged me for my dog £20 but i just can't. Lovely staff and perfect hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018

I attended a recent wedding at Landon Court and everything was perfect. The staff were fantastic, especially the bar and restaurant staff Will and James and the food was delicious. The venue was magical with the beautiful gardens and surroundings of the hotel, will most definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family