Langdon Court Hotel & Restaurant
US$126
US$102
US$78
US$75
The Phantele Bed & Breakfast(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$132
US$128
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$151/night.

Poppy's Guest House(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$83
All reviewsroll top bathwedding breakfastlovely weddingexclusive usewedding receptionclotted creammanor housewembury beachnational trustbeautiful hotelwedding partycoastal pathsunday lunchlarge roomfour poster bedbirthday treatsuperior room
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for a family wedding.we had a 5 hour drive down to the hotel.wedding was amazing.but when we booked in we got told a different price to when we booked it.the receptionist was like can you fill the info out and pay.no please or thankyou.we got given our key with no directions to the room.we got in the room and as putting my children to bed the mattress was stained.and the room was very cold.we couldn’t control the heating it just wouldn’t come on.went down for breakfast and it was freezing down there.but when we finished a young lady lit the fire.think they should have thought that though first thing in the morning.only good thing to say on the hotel was the shower was lovely and the views where amazing.we have stayed in many hotels with our children but never had to pay prices like that.infact we had a weekend in chessington 2 days in the park and breckfast for less.very miss leading.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Jemma M
JulianMather, Guest Relations Manager at Langdon Court Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Hi Jemma,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am really pleased to hear the wedding.

I am sorry to hear you believe the rate was different than that quoted. I can see there were 4 people in the room, and an extra bed provided.

We get numerous glowing reports of the reception staff and this is not the norm. I will look into this for you. The rooms have heating that is on constant in the colder months, if you had let us know at the time we would have looked into this and rectified.

If you would like to email me directly please email julian.mather@langdoncourt.com.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

The Langdon Court is an impressive building set in beautiful countryside. We booked for one night on route to Cornwall as they were a dog friendly hotel. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable and had the nice treat of a roll top bath. They provided a cozy dog blanket, food and bowls for our dog which was unexpected. The restaurant had a a attractive looking menu and didn’t disappoint in delivering quality food, it is worth mentioning the gin and tonics were divine. The English breakfast was fresh and made with quality ingredients. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Based on a very competitive rate it was an all in all a pleasant surprise,

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Hi,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am thrilled to hear that you found the room to your liking, we are a dog friendly hotel that offers little extras for them during your stay,

We have recently updated the menus, and I am glad you enjoyed your dinner. We source our food locally as much as possible.

All the staff work hard to make sure you have an enjoyable stay and I will pass your comments on.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Arriving on a very cold but bright sunny day, lovely setting, met in the bar and enjoyed a few drinks before hand, ushered to our room, all set up, food started to get arrive, but the plates and sizes of portions varied considerably. We found the room horrendous for noise to the point of making ones ears hurt, which meant we couldn't hear the person next to us, everyone talking at top volume. Food was nice, my beef was a bit over cooked. We weren't rushed which was nice, and a joy time was had by all.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Hi,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you had an enjoyable time, and enjoyed your food. I am sorry to hear you found the portions sizes to vary.

I am sorry you found the room to be noisy, whilst talking amongst each other.

We aim to make sure you enjoy your meal, so do not rush you through. I do hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a long weekend at the beginning of February. A beautiful old building with lots of original features in a peaceful setting. If you stay here in the winter months I would recommend packing jumpers as it is difficult to heat a building like this and although there are open fires, and heating, it’s still chilly which why I haven’t given it 5 stars.

We were warmly welcomed when we arrived and all of the staff were lovely. The food was all delicious and well cooked. Good breakfast to set you up for a day out with poached eggs cooked to perfection (which isn’t the case in some places I’ve stayed).

Langdon Court hotel is a great place to stay and a good base from which to explore this area of Devon.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amanda T

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your review. I am please to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our location is second to non, with beautiful views and in a peaceful setting.

I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable evening meal, and breakfast. We source our ingredients locally as much as possible.

I do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

When we arrived my 1st response was wow, beautiful setting and views, unfortunately this chic hotel is lacking in many areas. The rooms on 1st glance are lovely yet when stopping and looking around you can see how poorly kept this stunning hotel is, paint that’s been touched up due to damp stains on the carpets and a poor finish in so many areas it’s pitiful.
The staff I found to be extremely pleasant and helpful so can not fault them in any way. This is a property in need of a money investment to bring it to the standard of the prices they charge for their rooms
Would I go back No such a shame as this could be a true Gem

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rach40plym
LangdonCourt1, Manager at Langdon Court Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear rach40plym,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am pleased to hear that you found all of the staff to be pleasant, they all work very hard to make sure each guest has the best experience possible. As you say the hotel is in a beautiful setting, and has great views.

The hotel is continually invested into, and are decorated regularly. I am sorry to see that your room was not up to the high standard we aim to provide and I will look into as a matter of urgency.

KInd Regards