“My new favourite restaurant.”
Review of Bengal Flavour

Bengal Flavour
Get food delivered
Ranked #367 of 720 Restaurants in Plymouth
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wonderful food, not greasy like most Indians. Fresh vegetables, beautifully cooked, and not too spicy.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed 28 August 2020 via mobile

Delivery service poor, but tasty food. I ordered via Deliveroo but the restaurant use own delivery driver. Missing food, always a bad thing when you have people to feed who have chosen meals. They did try to rectify by sending out the missing food but it was way later, we’ll after we had eaten what was delivered.
I sadly wouldn’t get delivery from here as can’t be trusted to deliver right food. It’s a shame as food was tasty. Oh well!

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 28 August 2020

Fairly new ownership doing the restaurant proud.

The restaurant itself could really have a great feel and vibe if they can get it right.
Its in a convenient location, quite but just off the throng of the city.

The food itself was very good.
We had a mixed sharing platter to start that was of good value and great taste.

We both had curries which names escape me but which were well cooked.

The service was very good as well. Attentive but not overbearing.

My only gripe was the service charge added to the bill. I despise service charges. I tipped the waiter as well as he was so good and I was not sure he would get the service charge passed onto him.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank hiltonHarvey
Reviewed 31 July 2020 via mobile

Tried this place for the first time. Poppadoms with the usual bits and pieces but in addition a lovely tamarind dip. Lovely. Then a garlic, chilli masala dish with garlic rice. Chicken right off the bone not cubed. Taste wonderful. If there was a downside it would be the fact it appears a little pricey but that matters not when you get such good food and service.

Date of visit: July 2020
2  Thank EdUK1964
Reviewed 19 February 2020

The place was spotless. The staff were lovely and attentive, especially Ali. I thought I'd try something new and ordered the keema peas balti which was stunning. I also asked for chana masala which wasn't on the menu but the restaurant were happy to oblige. It was the best chana masala I'd ever eaten despite the chef saying it was the first time he'd cooked it. He is a real talent.

This is very definitely my favourite new Indian restaurant and takeaway. Absolutely loved it.

Date of visit: February 2020