Future Inn Plymouth(Plymouth)
US$78
US$75
US$97
US$90
Jurys Inn Plymouth(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
US$63
Old Pier House(Plymouth)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,232 results
All reviewscity centrerailway stationgood sizesecure parkingpowerful showerstandard roomcomfy bedone night stayfull englishhoe
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

The hotel is dated - it's hot and it still has propellor blade ceiling fans... but that's alright.

What really sets this place apart from the rest is the staff. Particularly the night team. After a heavy night on the beers and a long walk home I unwrapped my sandwich and ate it with no haste. But unfortunately my midnight munchies were too strong. Defeated, broken and hungry I headed off to go to sleep. One last ditch thought was maybe I could buy some crisps. This could be my final saving grace. But there was none to be had... could this night get any worse?

It turns out a team of heroes were just around the corner. The night staff produced out of nowhere a bowl of tortilla chips. I munched them down with delight and in the morning it was a success... freshness ensued!

Seriously though - above and beyond service. Great stuff. I do hope the team get some recognition :). My stay was on Friday 17th Feb so a massive hats off to the team working that night.

Stayed: February 2017
Management response:Responded 20 February 2017

Dear deansmith333,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a positive response after your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your superb sense of humour but equally the lovely comments about our night team. I am so pleased to see how they contributed to a successful stay with us.

We trust that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Plymouth.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

The staff is very nice.
I like it very much stay for one night the location is so well in the city service
I can go everywhere within 10 -15 mins
the information provide a lot of information about devon places to visit

Room Tip: great to stay
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2017

excellent check in, had a basic twin room, which is very large, note does not have air conditioning, has heating which sounds like balls running through pipes!, has a ceiling fan .Nice bathroom, tv and kettle.
Breakfast is very good, but make sure you buy coupon at the reception which is £8.95, if you leave till restaurant they charge you £11.95.
The Bar: oh dear what went wrong, staff member great, but no atmosphere like sitting in a bus shelter on a wet day!! Good selection of wines,and spirits but no real ales or craft beers only chemical rubbish.
Location is excellent, near railway station, car parks, even a coach station, close to the New Drake shopping centre, main shops, Hoe and the Royal theatre.
The staff thoughout the hotel, reception,bar, restauarant, cleaners and even met a maintenance man, friendly smiling and helpful, seemed well motivated and enjoying their work, which makes up for the few oddities of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank gannonmartin
Management response:Responded 17 February 2017

Dear gannonmartin,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel after your recent stay. I am delighted to read your positive feedback on our location, bedroom standard and size, as well as our breakfast - I am glad that you took opportunity to purchase one of our advance vouchers which offers such value for money.

I am particularly happy to read your comment on our staff. We are very proud of all of our team members and we spend a lot of time focussing on their sense of hospitality toward our guests. I am so glad to see that you were able to recognise this so obviously

However, I have noted your comment on the decor of the bar area and some other areas of the hotel. We are very aware of this shortcoming and I am able to assure you that we are embarking on a significant improvement plan over the next 12 months where this area as well as all other aspects of the hotel's decor and facilities will be addressed. These programs will be rolled our gradually but I have no doubt that you will note the progressive improvements on any return visits.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

The room was spacious, clean, comfortable, well maintained, bathroom was clean plenty of complimentary items and above all it was quiet. Unlike other hotels you did not get the banging of other doors or the noise of other people or noise from outside. It made staying such a pleasure. All members of staff were courteous, polite, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was very good with lots to choose from and I was given a doggy bag to take as I was going on a long train journey. It is situated in Plymouth close to all the shops, Uni, bus and train station. It is perfect for anyone one of any age.

Room Tip: There are four floors all floors, rooms seem okay noise and view wise. It is top end so looks down across Plymouth towards the Hoe.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
Management response:Responded 16 February 2017

Dear Penny S,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a detailed and overwhelmingly positive response after your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your superb feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much.

I am particularly happy to see that my staff went the "extra mile" to assist you with a snack for your train journey. We are very proud of every member of our team and I am so happy to see that you were able to personally experience their care and warmth.

We look forward to having you stay with us again on your return to Plymouth.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Copthorne Hotel was a wonderful place to stay. It has a great location, being a five minute walk from the railway station and at the top end of Armada Way. Plymouth is a compact city and the Copthorne Hotel is an easy walk of about 15 minutes to The Barbican and The Hoe. it is also very close to the main shopping centre. Whilst I was in Plymouth, albeit in winter, I ate in for the whole time I was there (9 days). The service at their Bentley's Restaurant was excellent, and the food of excellent quality and great value. Staff were Polite, cheerful, welcoming and extremely helpful, and nothing was too much trouble for any of them. I thoroughly recommend Copthorne Hotel Plymouth.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
Management response:Responded 14 February 2017

Dear Chris H,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a positive response after your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your superb feedback, particularly on our location, food quality in Bentleys and most of all, our staff of whom we are so very proud. I know they will be delighted to read your lovely words. We are pleased that we were able to provide you with such a successful stay in our city.

We trust that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Plymouth.