All reviews motel style road noise room was clean rooms are basic marsh mills overnight stop light sleeper easy access ground floor stayed nights what it says on the tin plenty of parking buffet breakfast city centre main road would stay again one night stay
Reviewed 23 May 2015

Stayed here 16/17 may 2015. First of all the plus points - excellent customer service - all staff really friendly. Also room was spotless, and plenty of parking. Downside is that hotel is in dire need of a face lift - stairs are very dirty, poorly lit, and little better than a car parks. The rooms are very dark, and although the beds are very comfortable, they are in need of updating and repainting. I had a good deal via trivago, but would have been disappointed if I'd been expected to pay more.

Room tip: Get a room away from the restaurant, facing away from the car park, and on the second floor
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Manager2093, Front Office Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry that you were unhappy with the hotel. it is one of the older Ibis properties but we are in the middle of redecorating our rooms .
We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 May 2015

Small and simple hotel - ideal for an overnight stay if you have plans in the area. Great breakfast and wonderful welcoming and professional team of staff. Easy to find and great access to the A38. We will definitely use it again when we are in that neck of the woods.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Manager2093, Front Office Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you found our team to be welcoming and professional.
We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 May 2015 via mobile

Let's be fair, the price for this hotel is good, and the availability is hard to get (especially at short notice). It's quiet, but just off the main rote out and in of Plymouth, or towards Cornwall. All the people whining about the place should remember the above points. Our room was clean, but this is a ruralish area and therefore there may well be a few more insects around than in town - to be expected somewhat. Its not bang in town with everything happening, but that's why we picked it. Good, solid, pleasant place. Stop whining people!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2015 via mobile

Where to begin...
From the outside it looks like an American motel. Rundown, in need of updating and certainly a lick of paint.
We parked the car none the less, as first impressions aren't everything, walked into the reception area and were pleasantly surprised. It was fairly new and clean and we were greeted politely and given our room key.

Proceeding over to the 'motel' building, we found our room on the 2nd floor.
We walked in and to say we were disappointed would be understating the point.

We did the ritual first lap of the room and quickly noticed that the bed was on a slant towards the headboard, like a half sunken boat. The room was dusty, the mirror looked untouched, covered in dust and it was freezing cold, even though it was a relatively warm day out.
The bathroom was outdated and the floor was a brown stained, green Lino. Not pleasant!

There were 5 or 6 dead Mosquitos on the window ledge and me and my girlfriend had both come to the conclusion that it was not the room for us!

I decided to go back to reception, where I explained our situation and asked to move rooms. I was told that we could move room, but only if we returned after 2pm when they had more rooms, as that was "check in time" and that they had put us in the 1st room they had available.

I went back and relayed to my girlfriend, who had been busy on her phone looking for a new place to stay, having learned that we could cancel any time before 2pm for free.

She also saw on the website that check in time was actually from 12pm and not the 2pm that the receptionist has informed me.

So, we went together to reception. Told them not to bother moving us and that we were going to cancel the room. The receptionist nonchalantly let us go and we used booking.com to find a new hotel, the Jury's inn (Plymouth), which could not have been any more immaculate! It was much better and we're glad we paid the extra 10er to effectively upgrade hotel!

It was a shame for the original hotel as the ibis I stayed in at heathrow (London) was absolutely pristine.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank jng147

Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay. I will investigate why your room was not up to our normal standard of cleanliness. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and have noted your comments for action.

Reviewed 25 April 2015

Stayed here for 2 weeks whilst on a course. The room is clean and adequate but small. The online photos all appear to be zoomed in on the bed or a table when in fact the room is that small any normal picture comes out that size. The problem with the room is it is noisy. As soon as you open the door you are greeted with another door which I assume is an attempt to cut down on the noise from the busy main road just outside. Sleeping with the window open is not an option. The internet is poor. Email and basic internet at best. No streaming or updates, intermittent poor skype. You are also required to log on every 24 hours. Many other hotels issue you with a unique code for the duration of your stay. Yes the internet usage is free but that is mostly the norm now. So for business use it is just workable in my opinion. The staff however are very friendly and helpful and the food is very well presented, cooked to order (not instantly available from a microwave) and always hot. Due to the food and the staff I completed my stay there however would not go back again due to the noise and the poor internet. The internet may not seem like a big selling point but for those who need a decent connection for work and studying, ibis just doesn't cut it.

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Christopher L
Manager2093, Front Office Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your visit due to the internet connection.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your food and the staff were friendly and helpful to you during your stay.