“Little known gem ”
Review of Brewer and Bean

Brewer and Bean
Ranked #358 of 776 Restaurants in Plymouth
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I often stop here before work for a coffee and a bite to eat. The sandwiches are the standard brunch style fare with flavours like ham and cheese, and chicken and bacon, but they're normally pretty filling for the price.

The coffee however, is really great! Full of flavour, perfectly brewed to the right temperature, and made quickly and efficiently. I see they do a huge range of TeaPigs teas too, with flavours as diverse as strawberry and cream or candyfloss, to the regular English Breakfast or a Darjeeling.

The staff are friendly and helpful without being overbearing, and the atmosphere is perfectly relaxed. Currently listening to some smooth jazz which works wonders with my Flat White! Really surprised this place isn't busier because it's a little gem in a fantastic location.

Reviewed February 27, 2018

Great cosy café.

Staff were friendly and efficient.

Hot chocolate was fantastic and the tea and coffee were great quality.

Definitely be returning!!

1  Thank JoCas8
Reviewed December 4, 2017

Friday morning we called in for cup of coffee . We were greeted by a nice friendly lady who was very helpful . I was pleasantly surprised how well they cater for my dietary requirements both Gluten free and Dairy free . I had a choice of two different milk’s Soya or almond and a choice of four different cakes I went for a almond milk latte and a chocolate brownie . Plus they had two cakes on offer for vegans .

1  Thank DANDGFREEQUEEN
Reviewed November 17, 2017

Walking beside Sutton Harbour I saw this new coffee shop in the Quay Road strip of businesses and worked out that it had replaced Buritos. It has been completely and smartly refitted. It is part of the coffee shop arm of St Austell Brewery and adjoins the next door building the St Austell pub called The Ship. B&B do all the usual types of coffee, tea and have big cakes, muffins and lots more not least sandwiches, wraps etc. I got the impression that customers can use the fenced and covered area outside which is allied to the pub but inside is a roomy place to while away time with coffee. Perhaps a bit too smart and finished for me to feel relaxed and to that extent a bit out of step with most Barbican catering. I won't miss Barritos.