“Great Sunday Lunch Visit ”
Review of The Terrace

The Terrace
Ranked #159 of 562 Restaurants in Exeter
Description: The Terrace concept is unique to Exeter and is likely to become an iconic venue in the City. Extending over two floors, The Terrace offers a marked difference in style and atmosphere on each floor. The Terrace Bar & Restaurant: The roof top bar and restaurant has been inspired by some of the most stylish venues around the world. The design is centered around the roof deck with an open fire and views of Exeter Cathedral. Customers can expect an adventurous menu using great quality locally sourced artisan products. Combine that with carefully selected beers and wines from some of the best producers, live music, cocktails and an upbeat atmosphere both day and night. The Terrace Club Lounge: The Club Lounge on the first floor has a different vibe from The Terrace Bar. At night this space transform into a Club Lounge good enough to rival the best in the UK and is set to be Exeter's most exclusive venue, featuring some of the best live music & DJ's from the U.K & beyond.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great Sunday lunch experience at The Terrace. Our group had a warm welcome and we took the Sunday Roast option which was very nicely cooked. The deserts were very popular and there is an excellent choice of drinks.

The service was excellent and extremely attentive.

On this particular there were two excellent local musicians playing while we ate which was an excellent idea and made for a memorable and relaxed afternoon.

1  Thank Andrew P

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went for family lunch (6 of us) it wasn’t that busy but our food order was a disaster with our meals coming out in a 45min window which is not good, but saying that the staff where very apologetic and made every effort to keep us informed and did compensate us when the bill arrived, so although the meal was a bit of a disaster we felt that they the actual customer service was very good. Agree they do need to improve their food service, will certainly try again

1  Thank stevejaneDevon
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Food cold and lamb nothing but fat, sent our meals back and lamb had less fat but was still cold, my partner was so hungry that he managed most of his, I had 3 mouthfuls and that was it, I couldn’t be bothered to complain again about the same thing so I said that I would pay for half my meal and my partner will pay full price for his as he ate it. No they gave us 10% off. Will never eat or drink here again. Bad food, and the toilets were in a terrible state. I have never had such a depressing meal, low standards!

TheTerrace1, Admin at The Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello,

I'm so sorry that your visit to The Terrace wasn't up to our usual standards. I have spoken to the team who were working on the day, and they have assured me that they tried to look after you as best as possible, and gave you a free round of drinks for your inconvenience. I know it can be frustrating when your food is not up to standard, but feedback is necessary for us if we are to make sure you enjoy your visit with us! However, if you do not make us aware at the time, there is nothing we can do to help. I understand that check backs to your table were made, and we would have been more than happy to try and remedy the situation if you had drawn our attention to it. If you could please drop us an email (hello@theterraceexeter.com) and detail the issues with the bathrooms, we would really appreciate it as we do regular bathroom checks and have not received any other comments from customers about them.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve never been so angry to write a review. This place needs looking at. Full of bully bouncers who are living out their youth on the doors. I’ve witnessed a grown man being dropped on his head here. Don’t go.

TheTerrace1, Admin at The Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Good morning Aaron,

We are sorry to hear of your bad experience. The Terrace is now under new ownership and we take the behaviour of all of our staff towards our customers very seriously. We will fully investigate the points you have raised. If you would like any further information please email us on 'hello@theterraceexeter.com'.

Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

Went for an evening drink with my partner. Order 2 glasses of the Italian Sauvignon blanc 2015. £6.50 a glass. We were served 2 glasses of Brancott estate found in Sainsbury’s for £7 a bottle.! This is not what we expect from a high end bar in Exeter.

TheTerrace1, Admin at The Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

Hi Paul,
I'm so sorry that your visit wasn't to as high a standard as we would have liked. Unfortunately around the time of your visit we had replacement stock in to cover wines which we had run out of and this is likely what you were served. You should however definitely been made aware of this when ordering, and I'm very sorry that you weren't.
I hope that you will visit us again soon and give the opportunity to show you what we are about.
All the best,