1,193 results
All reviews sea view the mexican restaurant lovely old hotel its heyday groupon deal pool and jacuzzi bit dated third floor would stay again per day buffet style full english town centre a lovely stay short break yogurt beaches
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband, two children of 8 years old and I checked into the hotel about 8pm on Friday 9th November. Checking in was very quick and simple. The lady was lovely and great with my twins. As we walked in the hotel looked fantastic. Our room was a sea view family room. Very spacious for us. View is great too. Only thing that was funny was our duvet cover on inside out. Bath made a lot of noice to stand in. Plus temperature of water was difficult to get right. Either too hot or too cold. Electric showers would be better.
Breakfast was good. A few choices, also no problem for them to do my son some porridge.
Pool was lovely and warm. But a shame in the ladies changing rooms as no lockers to use. So had to bring clothes out to the pool side.
Would stay again. Very happy time.

Trip type: Traveled with family
IvanC, General Manager at Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Mrs Soper, thank you for your wonderful feedback following your birthday stay last weekend. I agree the bath is a little noisy in that room. We will be replacing it in the new year when i have the plumbers back in the hotel for the next phase of refurb.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Newquay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Bought the deal through Groupon. Had to change dates due to a childcare mix up and the staff (Sheena & Maria) were more then a happy to help and made it an easy and stress free process. Hotel was warm and welcoming and full of character. Yes, some things need attention but it was clean and tidy. Our sea view room was beautiful, I was so impressed when I opened the hotel room door. Modern and inviting. Great location which will serve whatever purpose you are staying for. I really enjoyed our stay and can’t wait to go back. It was lovely. Definitely recommended.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi Gemma, thank you for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in town.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

In previous reviews about this hotel you can read manager responses telling that hotel is in refurbishment process. Saw that comments written March this year. Except one change which is swapping beds in some bedrooms can’t see any other improvement. Hotel is dirty, old, moldy and not worth of money. DEFINITELY shouldn’t have 3 STARS and HYGENE rating shouldn’t be 5!

Very disappointed!

Whole HOTEL seems to be tired:
-Carpet on the hallway and stairs are torn and sealed with the tape (See pic).
-Old and tired wardrobes and other furniture.
-Rust on the metal parts of the windows.

ROOMS dirty and awful:
-Doors old and hard to open or close.
-Carpets dirty and disgusting.
-Room are freezing or boiling- nothing between.
-Pipes definitely old, when tap turned on it seems like there is some air inside the pipe. For a sec water was flowing normally then suddenly it was bursting out and soaking everything around. And it repeated over and over again.
-One day water was lukewarm, and the other day was so hot, that it burned my foot.
-No air circulation.
-The window can be open only for a few inches.
-Mold all over the place:
-On a ceiling in bathroom.
-Around the bath tub.
-On the window.
-On joints between tiles.
-One day left dirty glass on a desk and after housekeeping they still was there. I think that the housekeeper just made the bed and swapped towels for the fresh ones and that’s it.
-Other day left used cups and after I find them like they was cleaned but when wanted to use them again noticed stains (I could just wipe it with paper and dirt comes of but it should be cleaned properly).

SWIMMING POOL is disgusting:
-Tiles are loose, really easy for an accident.
-Wooden ceiling soaking wet, with holes and water (rain) dripping on the floor and even into a pool.
-Toilet awful.
-Shower disgusting and mold everywhere.
-Changing rooms dirty and cold, but with no air circulation.
-Water dripping from the ceiling.
-Mirror old, can’t see anything.
-Most lockers are locked. Rest of them with no lock at all.
-Floors dirty.
-There is a sign about no outdoor footwear but doesn’t seems that someone care. Saw a lot of people walking in from outside and not changing or taking of their shoes, going straight to changing room or even just seating in the chairs (fully dressed, in a jacket).

RESTAURANT:
-Food not to good but nor the worst.
-Wallpaper comes of the walls.
-Dirty cups and cutlery.
-Food not delivered on a current basic.

I could say much more but I think that most important and biggest issues were described above.

Good morning Just_tinoo,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay. I am sorry that your stay was not as it should have been.
The hotel is undergoing refurbishment and i am sure you can understand we cannot do it all at once unless the hotel is closed.
in the early part of the year we refurbished all the sea front bedrooms, next week we are replacing all the carpets in the entrance, lounge and stairs. In the new year we will start a refurbishment programe of the street view rooms.
We are currently consulting with architects and structural engineers regarding the pool as we are considering a much greater leisure area.

Once again thank you for your feedback which i will be discussing with my team and we hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in Cornwall.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My son and I shared a double room here a couple of weeks ago when visitng family. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, the food was good (especially the scones in the cream tea which impressed my mother - thanks to Chef Tom) and the cleaning was good. Several staff merited special thanks - Victr for coping with my son's random breakfast habits, Ruth and Sheena in reception for thier kindnesses and Andrea in the bar... The gym is good (I used it every day and it was quiet with all I needed) and the pool clean. The hotel does need some investment in it's carpets etc but I am hoping that more visitors will help with this - times are tough anmd finding the cash to invest when many businesses are going under is very tough in this climate, I will be returning to this hotel as my go-to when home. Thanks to all x

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

everything about this hotel was excellent,the room,the seaview,the staff,the breakfast and the location,the staff were brilliant and nothing was too much for them,the room was clean and of good quality

Room tip: if you want a sea view for your room you need to mention it when you book
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
IvanC, General Manager at Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Christopher, Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your stay with us last weekend. What more can i say.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. The next Northern Soul Weekender will be in late October 2019.