US$246
  • Restaurant
Edgar House(Chester)
US$163
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$226/night.

US$99
US$88
Grosvenor Place Guest House(Chester)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/31
Stone Villa Chester(Chester)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
3,402 results
All reviewsthe marco pierre white restaurantmpw restaurantdouble treewarm cookieshoole halloutdoor jacuzzion arrivalspa facilitiespresidential suitelovely hotelgarden roomgreat spamy partnerbuilding worklovely groundsrelaxation roomsteam room
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel using my Hilton points I'd received from a previous stay at a different Hilton. When we arrived there had been a power cut but the staff were great kept us up to date, checked us in as soon as they could and provided us with complimentary cookies. We stayed in room 212 for 1 night as we were visiting Chester Zoo. Room was clean and tidy and everything we needed. Only negative was a small huming noise coming from one of the vents which could have been the boiler. Other than that our stay was great and would definitely recommend it to anyone. We didn't use any onsite facilities or eat at any of the restaurants but the hotel is only 5-10 min drive from Cheshire Oaks with plenty of shops and restaurants.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
DoubleTreeChester, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Jack S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to see that we met your expectations. Hopefully next time you will give us the opportunity to serve you in one of our two restaurants, or use our spa facilities.

Kind Regards,

The Management Team

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My mum and sister stayed over on the Saturday night for a treat for Mothering Sunday.
They paid £185 for the room plus another £70 for an evening meal and they also had to pay an extra £15 for the spa.
The room was very basic for the price paid and they were disgusted to find that there were hairs in the bathroom sink from the previous guests.

They did not enjoy the evening meal and had to queue for breakfast for ages.
I think for the amount the Double Tree Hilton charges, their guests should have table service for breakfast or at least
the management should learn from other less expensive chains how to organise a buffet breakfast.

The Spa was the only part they enjoyed but my mum was very annoyed that guests had to pay to use it.
The staff at the Double Tree Hilton did not have time to look after them throughout their stay.
The whole experience was a complete and expensive nightmare and not what anyone would expect from such a large expensive hotel.

I would like to say to the Manager that i expect a reply to my review and I also expect my mother to be refunded for her terrible experience at your hotel.

We do not want to hear any lame excuses.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Honest J
DoubleTreeChester, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Honest J,

I am very disappointed to hear that our product and service was not to our usual high standards that we offer. As I am not able to identify your booking via your TripAdvisor details would you be able to contact me direct on george.topouzoglou@doubletreechester.com.

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards,

George Topouzoglou
Operations Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2018

There are loads of these types of hotels and they can be very boring and dull. Whilst this Hotel isn't exciting, it is better than the majority of Chain hotels and the restaurant felt like a bar in town with a good atmosphere, great service and reasonable food. The room was big and comfy, with a decent shower and TV. The staff on reception were being trained so were a touch slow, but that will improve. The Gym must be popular with locals as there was lots of people coming and goings.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
DoubleTreeChester, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Wob64,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to share your review of your time here at DoubleTree by Hilton Chester.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed all areas of our hotel that you chose to utilise, and your patience upon arrival is greatly appreciated.

Should your travels bring you to Chester in the future, we would love to be able to welcome you back to stay with us.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My wife has already taken one dirty towel to reception and now we have discovered more, when reception was advised they passed it on to house keeping, very polite team members though, all in all the stay was ok but we expected more for the amount we payed per night

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
DoubleTreeChester, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Matt C,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at DoubleTree by Hilton Chester. We are very disappointed to hear that elements of our housekeeping were not as expected, and we would like to thank you for bringing that matter to our attention. Please be assured that this has been addressed with our laundry company.

It is pleasing to hear that you found our team to be polite and we hope to welcome you back to stay with us in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter had her wedding here on Thursday and the day couldn’t of gone any better from beginning to end. The toast master unfortunately I didn’t get his name was superb he helped to make Jess and Rhys day just perfect. All staff from reception to waitress were friendly and helpful I don’t have anything negative to say about the hotel.
Thank you to all the staff and especially the toast master for helping to make this day perfect.

Stayed: April 2018

Dear Charlotte P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review of your daughters wedding held here at DoubleTree by Hilton Chester. We are so pleased to hear that you found all of our team friendly and helpful and that the most important of day of your daughters life was so memorable.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again in the not too distant future.