“So good we made a swift return visit!”

La Hogue Farm Shop & Cafe
Ranked #8 of 111 Restaurants in Ely
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A large airy cafe situated on a working farm. Serving delicious breakfasts, great tea and coffee and a wide range of lunch time meals. There is a small children's play area outside with extensive outside seating.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We originally went to La Hogue for lunch in January as a family, and the food was absolutely wonderful, totally top notch! It being Burns Day we had a the haggis, and it was excellent!
So much so, that a couple of weeks later we went back for breakfast, and again the food was delicious. Not the quick 'production line' stuff you might expect as they can get extremely busy, but proper tasty food.
The staff are cheerful and friendly - on our second visit I observed a lady treating her waiter shamefully, like he was nothing but 'the help' but he remained professional and courteous to her, even though in his position I'd have snapped!
The shop itself we've visited many times over the years, being fairly local. The food they sell is wonderful, particularly the range of sweet bits, and the staff are extremely nice. The Christmas Barn is also a joy to visit during the festive period.
I'd recommend booking if going for a meal as the restaurant can get very busy, but aside from that it's definitely a place to visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Bustling cafe that makes homemade gorgeous grub! Use a lot of their own farm sourced ingredients, a real gem!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been going here for years now and have never been disappointed as the food has always been incredible; worth the tip and the money (as it isn’t cheap).

Unfortunately I visited here with a friend on Easter Saturday and was really disappointed. I had the chicken wrap which was cold and dripping in sauce (to the point I couldn’t eat the wrap itself). The chips were cold too!

I didn’t stay for cake and that NEVER happens...!!!

I don’t know what was going on as I booked a table at the only time they offered but for the first time ever, the cafe was pretty empty.

Such a shame... I won’t be rushing back :(

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife dragged me out for a Sunday drive and stopped here for lunch. The Sunday roast was absolutely delicious. However they ran out of Lamb for one of our plates. They made up for it with extra chicken.
Will definitely go back for some of there other dishes

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my third visit to La Hogue and we had booked a table for 5 for 14.00. Due to all sorts of drama, we arrived an hour early. I sought out Julie the manageress who leaned over backwards to help us out. Within minutes she had us seated and we spent a happy couple of hours enjoying wonderful Sunday roasts. So good to meet somebody who likes working with people and afterwards Coleen from the shop served me. Once again, she went out of her way to be helpful and I cannot fault my visit. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Roberta B