Home from Home(Cambridge)
US$118
Hotels.com
US$148
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

US$245
US$173
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

Ashley Hotel(Cambridge)
US$185
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Acorn Guesthouse(Cambridge)
All reviewsthe rivercows mooingbooked a river view roomusb outletsthe marco pierre white restaurantprocess of upgradingbars restaurantscity centreafternoon teashower bathsmall balconybrick wallparking chargeroom priceamazing locationnice hotelper night
Reviewed 3 April 2018

The hotel was situated along the river and is nearby the city center. The rooms were spacious and well furnished. We loved having breakfast at the restaurant and the view outside was nice and tranquil. If you are lucky, you can see a few swans swimming along it.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
AitziberH, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Roland75Wong

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed very much your stay with us. Glad you could delight in the overall views and swans swimming along, we do in fact have a 'resident' swam that used to nest at the bottom of the garden many years ago that still comes in to visit, a beautiful and gentle creature!

We look forward to seeing you soon and thank you once again for your feedback!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Stayed for a night over Easter bank holiday, when we arrived at 2pm to check in we were told the room may not be ready ..... Check in is from 2pm ?
We then went to the bar to order some drinks we were the only people at the bar and 3bar staff behind the bar we were kept waiting about 10 mins before anyone even spoke to us Not good.
The next day we went for breakfast,we were in a queue as it was quite busy the girl showing people to the tables just left us at the door of the restarant and went off serve at some tables,not even an acknowledgement to us or even to say a table would be ready in a few minutes ,after someone else had seated us we ordered some tea and coffee we then went up to get our breakfast .... I had finished my breakfast when my tea arrived after asking for it twice more...,Not Good!
When checking out I asked for a printed receipt the guy who checked us out could not do this so he got another guy to do it for him, when I got home I checked the bill and had been charged for parking..... We went on the train!,,I had told the guy on the desk this twice during our check out as he kept asking for the car park ticket!! Not good.
I then had the hassle of having to contact the hotel once I was home to sort this out.
Not a good stay at all.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear jennyren747

Thank you for you review.

We are very sorry that overall you did not enjoy your stay with us for which we offer our apologies. Firstly, we are sorry if your room was not ready at 2pm, our check-in time is 3pm, and although we always endeavour to have rooms ready before that time, this is not always possible.

We were also very sorry to read about the overall service you received during your stay, this kind of feedback is very unusual and nothing like the usually very positive comments we normally receive from our dedicated team. We will, nonetheless, review your input with the team as we continually work to improve our guests experience.

Thank you once again for your input.

Regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I spent two nights here recently and found it very comfortable. I chose this hotel for its location which was very convenient for the activities I had booked for that weekend. Also it is in a very attractive situation close to the river.
I arrived early,just after 11am, so was very pleasantly surprised to find that my room was ready for me. Throughout my stay all the staff were courteous, pleasant and helpful.
My room was spacious, spotless and very comfortable. The view from my window of the river was lovely. The room was provided with everything I could possibly need
I can’t report on the catering because the activities I was engaged in provided all the food and drink I needed away from the hotel.
My only criticism is that it is overpriced. Even though it is expensive for an overnight stay, there is a hefty charge for car parking (almost £20 per day).

Room Tip: Go for a room with a view of the river
Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends

Dear maggiegregory

Thank you for your feedback.

I am happy to see you found everything to your liking during your stay, although, I can see the pricing was higher than anticipated. I hope that this will not deter you from returning for another enjoyable stay with us and trust we will be seeing you soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived and were checked in very quickly.
We’d booked a river view room and weren’t disappointed. Lovely room, yes, a little dated but the bed was really comfy and the location/view and overall facilities were good.
Breakfast the next morning was lovely, lots of choice and all lovely and hot.
Only downside was the shower, very poor, not what I would expect from a Hilton, understand that they are in the process of upgrading the rooms but think full price of £160 a night for poor showering facilities is a bit excessive.
Superb location right in the centre of Cambridge though.
Be careful about parking, I was told 2 different times the parking (£19.50) would be valid upto; 11 and 1. After that it’s £2.50 an hour!
Overall a lovely stay and would go back when the showers work properly.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Austinontour

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to know that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. although, we are very sorry that the showering facilities were not ideal for you on this occasion for which we offer our sincere apologies. We are really sorry also that this will deter you from returning as we truly hope it is not the case and you allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Looking forward to being able to welcome you back.

Regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband and our daughter for the night whilst our other daughter was at the university. We had interconnecting rooms in the new part of the hotel and they are beautiful really modern with massive bathrooms with walk in showers a small balcony and a beautiful river view.Breakfast was lovely all the hotel staff are really friendly every maid and maintainance person we walked past smiled and said hello. I asked for quiet rooms away from lifts and we were given exactly that. The location is perfect, a 30 second walk to the punts and about 5 minutes to the shops We couldnt fault it and can't wait to return.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear michelleLondon1415

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted that your visit to your daughter in Cambridge was so enjoyable. Thank you for your kind mention about the team looking after you, it was our pleasure!

We wish your daughter all the best at Uni and hope to see you all very soon!

Kindest regards,