“Fun Birthday Treat”

LockHouse Escape Games
Ranked #2 of 19 Fun & Games in Cambridge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We provide ESCAPE GAMES, Virtual Reality experiences and an emporium of locally produced art, hand crafted puzzles, board games and items for playing with. We use high-production value games by European leader TRAP Games, with professional set designers and artists to bring you some of the most thematic Escape Game missions available in the UK!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I booked the Armageddon game for my partner's birthday. Together with three of our friends we attempted to thwart our pending doom through solving a series of puzzles. The staff is really warm, energetic, and fun. It was a fantastic way to round out my partner's birthday.

Lewis T, Public Relations Manager at LockHouse Escape Games, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Twitter: @LockhouseGames

P.S. Could you help us out with some additional feedback? If you'd like to take part, please email lewis@lockhouse.co.uk, we'd really appreciate it!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"three rooms"
"reception area"

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We played the Armageddon game in a group of 5. I really enjoyed the theme (lab coats! rockets! mad scientists!) and the staff were fun and helpful throughout. The only reason I give it four rather than five is that some of the puzzles seemed a little obscure, but I can't quite decide if that's a slight issue with the game design or that our team just cracked under the pressure! Highly recommended regardless.

Hi Jeremy.

Thank you for your review, and I'm happy you had a good time with us. We do try and make our puzzles challenging and rewarding, and as more information becomes available, some of the puzzles do become easier to solve, and we are always happy to provide hints where needed.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We completed the Secret Agent Room as a Team of 2. Harry was our Games Master and he was fantastic at introducing the scenario, giving time reminders and helping us as much or as little as we wanted. I’ve done quite a few different rooms in the East Midlands and Dorset but this is really well thought out and definitely one of my favourites. The venue itself is really interesting with lots of games and puzzles to try whilst you wait, although we were lucky and managed to get straight in despite not having booked in advance. Highly recommend!

Hi Caroline,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Had a fantastic time trying to save the world in Armageddon, Our guide Harry was great and gave us clues when we were struggling, I would recommend this to everyone, just made sure you have your thinking cap on!!! Also try the VR headset, incredible!!!

Lewis T, Public Relations Manager at LockHouse Escape Games, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Highly recommended. Really well organised and staff are very friendly and helpful. especially Lewis who ensured we were well looked after.
We had to cancel last minute because of illness, and they late us change the date free of charge.. which was very kind considering it was booked for a Saturday during their busy period.
Took my 11 year old son with his friend and they had a fanstatic time! Definitely going to book another room soon.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your review, and I'm happy you had such a great time with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon for a whole new challenge! Nice little shoutout for me there I see :)