“Very enjoyable trip”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Food is very good and atmosphere and service even better. We were there for the first day of the new menu. We were a little disappointed at the price increase as my friend usually has the St Louis rib an she said the price had gone up an the portion gone down. But that's my only quarm really as wine was very good and good value for the house white. Servers were friendly and not overly attentive (which I prefer!) I will definately go again!!! Nacho wings were amazing!!!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

found this by accident just by walking along the waters edge of the docks always gets packed and i was told that i should of really booked but they did find my party a table ,the food is i would say southern us states ( texan louisana ) style we really liked it ,good deckor inside as well

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Four of us ate here last night. Service was really good. The Spanish waitress was very helpful and efficient. We started with some lamb pops to start which were very tasty. I then opted for the spitfire st louis rib, and wow I’m so glad I did. It was so tasty and juicy a little bit steep in price at £22 but tasted very nice. The rest of the group also enjoyed their mains which included the half chicken and a hot dog. Will definitely return when I’m in the mood for some more ribs.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Visited with a party of six, service was slightly slow but was well worth the wait for the tremendous food. Had the bacon cheeseburger which was great, tasty, moist and nowhere near as greasy as other similar restaurants, dirty fries were delicious but the slaw was utterly stunning and the best I've ever had. Really enjoyed.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

This is so obviously absurd that it bears asking again, and not just because the waiters were so ignorant to our frequent enquiries about the status of our food - Why can you server 7 tables of 2 in thirty minutes, but not a table of 14 in less than 2 hours?

I've been to Spitfire before and service has never been as poor as today. I've been to dozens of other restaurants in Bristol and never had service as poor as today.

What's surprising is not even the length of time it took - lunch time is a busy part of the day and that's fair ... but it's outright rude to continue telling your customers that "it's coming in 10 minutes" every 15+ minutes and not even offer an apology let alone an actual explanation.

Seriously guys, if the kitchen is rammed and everything's falling apart - which it very clearly was - just be honest and say it's going to be a while. Here's a few key phrases for your repetoire:

"Sorry, I don't know what's going on"

"We're experiencing some setbacks in the kitchen"

"I've lost the plot and hate my job; why didn't I become a dancer like Mum said I should?"

The staff largely just look like they don't care. Maybe they've given up and lost purpose. Their didn't seem to be any separation between waiting staff and kitchen staff either which, as someone witnessing the chaos first hand, seemed bizarre.

All in all it’s a disappointment to see somewhere that used to take pride in its service and food just phoning it in.

Pro tip if you've gotten this far through the review and are still inclined to book a table: if there's more than ten of you, try booking five tables for two. You'll get your food a lot faster.

2  Thank Jack N