“Insane food, company and surroundings”
Review of The HideawayBS9

The HideawayBS9
Ranked #376 of 1,679 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$7 - US$34
Reviewed 31 May 2021

Have visited here a few times now! Every time has been spot on! Service is immaculate. Food is mouth watering. Prices are very good. Atmosphere is Can’t wait to come back! Highly recommend to anyone and everyone

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (58)

Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

Literally the perfect conclusion to my stag do weekend. The location at the front of the restaurant is fantastic to sit at on a nice evening. All the staff were very friendly, jovial and generous. The menu was perfect for me as a vegan but was equally satisfying for all my other guests. Everyone who attended said they really really enjoyed our time here and would definatly visit again on a return trip to bristol.

Many many thanks to all the staff, we loved you. :)

Reviewed 21 May 2021

We drove to Sea Mills Lane and found a parking space, then walked the short distance to The Hideaway in Shirehampton Rd.

This is some where I've been before, though only once and this is the first time since lockdown restrictions were lifted.

We queued at the entrance where we were invited to register by scanning the QR Code displayed but for some reason it wouldn't work so we all had to give our names and mobile numbers. Wearing our masks we were escorted to a table in the window where we were presented with the menu's before the drinks order was taken.

Seating was comfortable and there was plenty of space between us and the next tables.

Two of us went for tea (£2.65) which was served in a small pot ( some of the china had pieces missing out of them which i assume was caused in the dish washer) but the pot and cups were matching and quite pretty.

One chose an Americano. £2.65.

I was asked if we wanted Sugar and it was brought separately though I had to ask for more as they only provided two sachets.

The menu looked very good but sadly the Breakfast menu ended at 12 so we couldn't have the full Fat boys Fry up.
Instead we went for :

The Posh Fish Fingers with Salad. £10

The Holy Moley:
Chick pea and Lentil Falafel Burger with Guacamole, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion ( I didn't find any Onion in my meal) with a very miserly portion of Mango and sweet chilli Salsa. £13.

The Hide away Classic: Burger:
Mature Cheddar,Streaky Bacon, Pickle, Lettuce, Tomato Onion & Relish . £13.

I enjoyed my 'Holey Moley' though being a Falafel Burger it was very dry (though tasty) and the Sweet Salsa was nowhere near enough to counter this.

The Salsa itself was a bit dry and spread atop a lettuce leaf it did nothing to enhance the flavour of the burger which needed a much richer, accompaniment with some juice to soak into the Lentils and Chickpea mix.

There was a good size portion of skinny chips, well salted though there was an option to have some extra special fries at a premium, which I declined.

The lettuce was fresh and crisp but the tomato was so finely sliced it had almost no flavour and short of adding to the look of the burger, the salad added little to the flavour.

A small pot of Ketchup came with the meal and we were asked if we wanted any additional sauces.

I asked for extra Ketchup and my wife a pot of Mayo.

The Burger looked nice and my wife enjoyed it though she said it was difficult to eat and she got in a right mess trying to tackle it. She did though eat it all.

My Sister had the Posh Fish Fingers and loved it. She is dieting and trying to avoid Carbs so this was her preferred option.

The service was good and we left a 10% tip on top of the bill which included a 5% VAT charge?

So in summary.

'A nice venue, good service, interesting menu which is slightly on the expensive side although the food is good and we enjoyed it.
However, there is still room for improvement.

Please, remove the paper sheet under the food, It just got soggy and we found ourselves eating bits of Paper. Yuk. It's just not needed.

Sadly there is no dedicated parking and its a bit of a 'Bun Fight' to find a space.

Total Bill £46.60

A bit expensive to be classed as a cheap breakfast but well worth a visit if you are that side of town.

Reviewed 30 October 2020 via mobile

Had a lovely brunch with friends. Food was delicious. Service was good. Staff were friendly and attentive.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank Ellie9326
Reviewed 14 October 2020 via mobile

Went on Sunday 11th of October for a family meal , after ordering and waiting , and waiting , and waiting and watching other people arrive and be served we asked why , to be told there had been a mistake , fair enough , they took my details and informed me the owner would call me , three days laters no phone call , obvs have no interest in customer satisfaction ,staff were very apologetic and our drinks were not charged , but I will not return
Plenty of other venues to support in these trying times

Date of visit: October 2020
GoPlaces04561537398, Owner at The HideawayBS9, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2020

This is very disappointing to hear, and we of course apologise unreservedly for the service you received on Sunday. We were not passed on your details, but if you can contact us directly on hello@thehideawaybs9.com we would appreciate getting some further details from you to better understand your experience and rectify the situation.