“Great service and great food. A perfect hang out for all occasions.”
Review of Rosa, Tapas & Bar

Rosa, Tapas & Bar
Ranked #400 of 1,735 Restaurants in Bristol
Description: Bar, cocktail lounge, meeting place, dining room, confessional: Rosa is Whiteladies Rd contemporary new watering hole for those of you looking for a decent drink, music and bite to eat. We’re a social lot here at No 85. We’re about friends, loved ones, work mates and family. You provide the chatter and laughter (our bar staff are good listeners too). And we provide a cosy, continental style bar with a drink & food offering carefully designed to suit different moods and needs; across the days of the week and hours of opening. All in the heart of Clifton. The menu is internationally inspired, contemporary world tapas and bar snacks, ideal for sharing. We also do a cracking traditional British Sunday lunch menu. Relaxed Sundays at Rosa are already becoming something of an institution. Upstairs at Rosa are our stylish private rooms. The larger of which is also ideal for business & community meetings and presentations.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I could not be more complimentary about this place. I went to Rosa last week for the second time It was outstanding the first time I went and the second visit was just as good. The food was superb. Really interesting with varied choices on the menu. All cooked perfectly.

The service is amazing. Really friendly staff that collectively all care about the customer experience.

I love the ambience too. I have been for lunch and dinner. The dinner atmosphere was great and there was a great buzz, especially in the evening as it has a real wine bar feel to it. Lunch was good too and at £12 for three plates is great value.

This place is what I have been looking for ages. Already booked in to go again this week.

Chris N, Owner at Rosa, Tapas & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Wow Georgina, we're delighted to hear you've had such great experiences at Rosa! We're actually blushing. We'll be sure to pass this onto the team.

See you later in the week!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful hidden gem with a European vibe and brilliantly tasty tapas treats. Highly recommended - we visited for our five year wedding anniversary dinner and had a fantastic evening.

So Glad to see you had a wonderful time and thanks so much for the wonderful review. Big congrats on the wedding anniversary - let us know when you pop in next and you can both have a glass of bubbles on us. See you again real soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Rosa is a real find, the atmosphere is cosy without being cramped. Staff are welcoming and friendly and the service is perfectly paced.

The food was delicious, melt in the mouth pork belly and crispy deep fried oysters to name just two dishes worth a particular mention.

Would highly recommend it and will be visiting again!

Hi Jen,

Thanks so much for such a lovely review. We're really glad to hear you had a great time and will look forward to seeing you again at the bar!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I finally made it to Rosa after all my
Friends were raving about it and it didn’t disappoint. Amazing staff - really lovely and looked after us so well! Food was amazing (me and my partner looooved the squid and croquettes). Even the music was great. Definitely, definitely go!

Chris N, Owner at Rosa, Tapas & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your words! Hope to see you at the bar soon, I'll pass on your words to the team.

Best

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The first time I visited Rosa's when it first opened I thought it was great! My second visit in December was a little disappointing, the food arrived to fast and lacked flavour! Dined on Saturday evening for a friends birthday, hoping that it had improved and was bitterly disappointed. The tapa's that I wanted were all off the menu, so I chose 3 others reluctantly, we all had to wait for about hour before some one of our tapas dishes came out, which by this point we had gone past the point of being hungry. If that wasn't bad enough, the 3 dishes that I chose were awful, barely edible, greasy, lacking in flavour and quite disgusting, everyone else on our table said the same, we were a table of 12. I bumped into a friend also dining in the restaurant upstairs and she said they had been waiting for about 2 hours. Horrendous restaurant!! Never again.

3  Thank JGolder1970

Dear Reviewer,

We're devastated to hear about your recent experience at Rosa - many others do enjoy the food served with us and don't experience wait times anything like those you suggest in your review, which are quite staggering!

Please do get in contact with us at info@rosabristol.co.uk to discuss it further, we're proud but not precious, and if we've ever done wrong we'd like to sort it out.