Rodmay Heritage Hotel
Island View Lodge(Powell River)
US$67
Town Centre Hotel(Powell River)
US$112
US$97
US$97
Seabreeze Resort(Powell River)(Great Value!)
US$113
Westview Centre Motel(Powell River)
US$55
Birdsnest B&B(Powell River)(Great Value!)
US$68
Malaspina Bed and Breakfast(Powell River)(Great Value!)
Desolation Resort(Powell River)
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmemorable hotelroom was cleanan older hotelnew ownersenjoyed our staytownsitecharmpub
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Well how to begin.. I'm lucky my wife didn't divorce me, she hated this place. Never mind her... I thought the place was quaint. I kept thinking about how many people have been through those doors and how grand this was in it's prime. I was expecting ghosts or things like the movie "A night in the museum" to come to life.
I was told by the company that reserved my night stay I would have a ocean view.. that was a lie.
We traveled with our pooch, for being a pet friendly hotel, they offered no doggie blanket or water bowls, or even a treat.
The bed.. the most important item in a room... well I have had worse, I woke up with a slightly sore back, but I did sleep all night and that is important too.
Temperature in the room was just right for us
Office staff were friendly and kind.
The price was fair, no complaints about that.
Maybe the owners hands are tied with political red tape, or just financial issues to update the hotel. I don't know.. anyways I'm glad I spent one night in it, but never again.. to save my marriage .. but I personally liked the memories it created

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marty M
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

I paid $65/night, which is okay for a hotel and I knew it wouldn't be very glam at that price and with a 2 star rating. I would still give it only 2 stars because our bathroom had beard shavings all over the sink, so not cleaned properly, there appeared to be no hot water and it took until the second night for the heat to be adequate enough to sleep without waking up from cold. On the positive side, they gave us a cot with no extra charge and the place has a very cool aesthetic in the lobby. If the sink hadn't been gross I could have forgiven the heat issue. I would return here only if price was an issue.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2016

The hotel does overlook the old mill which is why there is heritage. The building itself is very historic and interesting. The room was clean and neat. It seems that new owners have taken over and are slowing working on the building. Breakfast was included. The location was very convenient for us being close to the brewery. We were traveling in a group so the hotel worked out great for us. The owner manager even called when one of our friends left their phone behind. They drove about 30 miles to give it back to him too which says something! A very good value!

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Rodmay before starting the SCT. Yes, it is an older hotel, but it is clean, the complimentary breakfast was pretty good, and the staff were friendly.

It is apparently haunted, but we didn't have any issues. The pub and restaurant are not open, but the liquor store is.

Great value for the price, plus if you are a ghost hunter, this might be the place for you!

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2016

I was disappointed as they charged me an extra $15 to have my very clean small dog(6lbs) in the room overnight. AND designated me a very shabby room as I had a pet and they allow pets only in two shabby rooms. On the plus side it was spotlessly
clean..not easy when the place and furnishings are as old as that. Also the staff were excellent including the reception guy who also runs the liquor store simultaneously.
I strongly advise the owners to put some decorating talent to use to inexpensively brighten the decor to change the 1930S institution feel that I sensed. Surprise free breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: Do NOT have a pet
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business