Phaidon Beach Resort
US$15
Bugang Riverside Inn(Pandan)(Great Value!)
US$15
US$19
Hotel Metro(Kalibo)
US$25
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe ownerget awaymy girlfriendwhite sandseafoodpool barpizzanice viewrecommend this placerelaxing placerecharge your batteriesconstruction workiloilo citybernieparadisedivingphilippines
Reviewed 20 September 2016

The weather was not in our favour but that did not spoil our time at Phaidon. The staff were most helpful and our day trip to waterfall and zipline was great. Can not wait to return when weather more favourable.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank hortechservices
Reviewed 20 September 2016

We were traveling around Panay on a motorbike when suddenly my girlfriend got sick and I had to find a nearby place to rest, after asking around in Pandan we were told to go to Phaidon. We were quite surprised with the lay out of this place in the middle of nowhere... While my girlfriend was resting, I went for a stroll along this beautiful beach. To make the long story short - we end up buying a coco land property nearby in the following couple of weeks. We also built and we became neighbours in a flash. I do recommend this place for the reasons mentioned above.

Room Tip: Take either the private villas or the outstanding rooms in the main house.
Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank JCCC_13
Reviewed 11 September 2016

We came to this place to eat after visiting a lot for sale next to it.
This is low season, so they re renovating and repairing the resort and rooms so i understand outside the rooms is messy (ceiling fans on the terrasse etc)

We ordered our meals, but it took over 1 hour to be served, so we walked around the resort and beach.
I guess the owner designed it himself, the restaurant and reception looks more like a blockhaus than a resort. the restaurant has a nice view on the beachwith very fresh air, very enjoyable.
next to our table was a tiny swimming pool, very few kids could get in, it s mor like a jaccuzi, but it seems they are building a big one in behind the resto.

Then the owner arrived, wearing only a short, no top...not really what i would expect when your the boss of a resort., no waving, he rush to the beach with his family.

The food arrived, we took 3 main dish and 3 shakes. 1300PHP.
that s really expensive, that would have been fine if my squid wouldn t have been so so, chewy rubber, and tasteless, worse grill squid i ve eaten.
my mom s dish was better but passable. The driver took adobo squid, he said it was just ok.

I guess this is a nice place to escape the crowd from boracay, peacefull, quiet beach...but definitly too expensive for such rooms.

With the raining season, the beach is a real mess, really, but they keep their part very clean. i added a photo to show the hard work they had to do to keep their beach clean. this photo has been taken at 100m far, on the same beach
the staff is friendly, helpfull.

in conclusion, very average resort, and too expensive, a good way to spend a peacefull moment with quiet beach...but i would definitly never stay there.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
4  Thank Elbambino74
Bernie O, General Manager at Phaidon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2016

A picture not from the Resort says everything about your review, which you stayed just 1 hour and know more than other guests which stays overnight and celebrate their peaceful vacation.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

There were 4 days. For most hotel no complaints - good location, the room (we stayed in a villa on the first line) Good, good kitchen. Excellent sandy beach. But the positive moments unfortunately come to an end. Maintenance and service disgusting. The owners are absolutely do not care about the guests. As the owner and his wife. Trying to cheat at all. If you are going to take their tour be sure to specify that in fact there will be included. We took a tour of the falls, cost on the price is quite expensive-3000 pesos. We asked the owner a discount, it is believed that the long and in the end we took off 1300. We agreed, but in fact it turned out in the course of the trip, he simply cut off half the route and did not say anything about it. In the end we paid extra upon themselves. In general, pure scam. Do the owners have 2 dogs, who go wherever they want, including the kitchen are dirty and smelly, and the type of a children's pool, apparently not brushing after the hotel grounds, these dogs are used as a bowl for drinking. The rooms are constantly forget to put water and other toiletries such as shampoo and soap. and they still see themselves in the 3 stars. Two and a big stretch. Overall rating unsatisfactory mainly due to the attitude of owners and staff to residents.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
8  Thank Evgeniy G
Reviewed 25 June 2016

Let me first clarify that this review and the terrible rating given is solely based upon my experience, as my other two travelling companions located in adjacent bungalow villas didn’t have any issues. Everything started off quite fine; the driver was waiting for us at the airport (even advised us to get something to eat in town before heading to the resort as the kitchen is closed...and drove to / waited while we got something for dinner), all three of our garden bungalows were ready for us (no hitch with the forward reservation/payment), and someone was there upon our arrival to greet us and show us to our villas (albeit his English was poor, and there was no further room explanations eg. How to work the tv + satellite with the remote controls etc...!!). There was even a special greeting for us upon their blackboard near the reception area.

The Phaidon Beach Resort is quite a drive from the main town and is gated at night for added security for guests and their belongings. So you will definitely need to pre-arrange transport to get here, especially at night like us. Returning would be as simple as organizing something with the resort whilst you’re there. There are several styles of accommodations set out among lawns and gardens, and a private beach, plus a pool area (with kiddy pool). They also have a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, with lunch and dinner meals to be preordered 1-2 hours in advance (so if you have a late breakfast you need to order your lunch then.) I noticed there tended to be a lot of rules and regulations that made their job easier and harder for their guests to relax (ie. No outside food, yet there food availability is limited in both choice and actual availability.)

All of our garden bungalow villas (separate buildings) were adjacent to each other connected a short distance by pathways, comfortably spaced apart by lawns and gardens. Each having an outside porch area (with table and chairs) – though there are a few steps so wheelchair access maybe an issue in this style of accommodation. From here on in the rooms design, tiled flooring, furniture & fittings are very similar – the only thing that varies is the tacky wall painting within each room.

From the outside my (all) bungalow looked really nice (not modern) and inviting. Inside was a bit of a letdown with its old style (and very under powered) air-conditioner, noisy ceiling fan, uncomfortable bed and tacky, cheap curtains...actually quite uninviting and not very appealing. I was thinking that hopefully the beach area will make up for this inadequacy, as it’s only really a place to store luggage and sleep etc. Unfortunately, through events occurring within 2 hours of arriving I never got to see the beach area (nor much else of the place). Consisting inside the bungalow is; a queen bed (uncomfortable with 3 cheap, thin pillows and low quality manchester), tiny corner mounted shelf with lamp (supposedly a bedside table), a small oscillating ceiling fan (very noisy), a woefully inadequate old-style air-conditioner (didn’t cool the room down at night...what chance during the daytime???), a small wooden square footstool? (near the entrance way), wall mounted mirror (head height near entrance way) with small shelf underneath, a very dysfunctional wooden cabinet thing, small refrigerator (actually worked really well....unlike everything else), and small flatscreen TV with satellite box + remote controls (no instructions on how to operate...very frustrating, when you’re tired/irritable & it’s late etc.)

The bathroom, albeit small, looked quite functional and consisted of a small vanity sink and mirror area (with 2 x glasses and some complimentary items; sachet shampoo, sachet toothpaste, bar of tiny soap), walk in shower (with wall mounted electric water heater), and a western style toilet...where you not supposed to flush your toilet paper!!! (Sorry, but I find that disgusting, discarding toilet paper with excrement smeared on it into a bin inside the bathroom...no, no, no!!!) Well someone else must’ve thought the same because after urinating I flushed the toilet which was apparently blocked, water rose up nearly overflowing. I left it, hoping it would subside before I needed to use it again.
Returning to the main room I decided to move the bed so it would be directly in front of the tiny air-conditioner – I find a dead cockroach underneath the bed. Although not impressed, I know these things can happen and will mention it to management the next morning. [BTW: The moving of the bed did not help with the cooling ability of the A/C unit.] After about 30 minutes of trying to relax on the springy bed with the realization that the A/C unit ain’t cooling me down enough I decided to have shower. As soon as I got off the bed me feet hit water....the room was 75% flooded. After a quick investigation it was coming from the toilet...my room was flooded with toilet water! This is where things went from bad to worse. As there is no telephone in the room, there is no 24 hour reception, and no guards walking around getting someone’s attention is hard. I ended up shouting (at 1:00am) to provoke a response, which eventually worked...the same guy who showed us to our rooms upon arrival...the one who doesn’t speak much/any English. Lucky for me there was a guest who spoke both Philippino and English, hanging out near reception (apparently the only spot where wi-fi works). He kindly asked the on duty “guy” to get my room cleaned and to call the manager. Without going into detail, after about an hour the room had been cleaned but only dried and bedding/towels/pillows replaced but no manager had arrived. As the multi-lingual guest had gone to his room, I endeavoured to explain that simply drying the room was not sufficient it needs to be cleaned with disinfectant. This was either ignored or not understood and no manager ever turned up. I refused to sleep in the room without it being disinfected so I ended spending the rest of the night (2:00am – 7:00am) outside near the reception counter on a wooden bench....without any concerns of the seldom staff I did notice walking around between those hours. When I did notice someone at the reception counter (about 7:00am) I enquired about management. They took me to the manager who was getting breakfast started in the restaurant. I was quite angry when he told me that he lives on the property and that nobody had contacted him (or so he says??). After some heated words and discussions, the manager refunded all of our entire accommodation bill and the airport transfer, and reluctantly arranged a free transfer back to the airport. I had decided that I’d rather spend my time at Hyatt (City of Dreams) than pursue any relaxation here...rather leave now than any possible further dramas.

Overall, and only basing this on my solitary experience, I would not return here nor would I recommend this resort to anyone. However, the other two in my travelling group thought the place was quite nice and the two guests we spoke to had nice things to say about the place and especially the surrounding areas/beaches.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends
18  Thank DJEargasm
Bernie O, Manager at Phaidon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Dear Sir, according to your review it was quite a different story. You checked in past 23:30 made a mess in between 2-3 hours, destroyed facilities like A/C, bedding, mirror, bathroom and others, put a cockroach in the room, shout noisy, harassed the personal and blackmailed the resort owner for money. Funny side is that you booked 3 rooms and your other guests cannot agree about your habit to be so rude, because they liked the place. We was happy that you left the compound at 7:30 am and our other guests did not complain about your unbelievable story tale.
Have a nice day