Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM

Reviewed 3 October 2020
chrischamb
Telford, United Kingdom
via mobile
The best farm shop visit, anywhere...

We had an hour to spend here before heading to Hergest Croft Gardens and we were amazed at not only... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Mobile35942195053
Bristol, United Kingdom

All reviews garden centre fruit and veg pies food hall quiche local supermarket difficult times under one roof cooked food good size local community bits and pieces car park great quality produce coffee and cake staff were very friendly great place to visit
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 April 2021

The Pantry Cafe open for eating outside now. Back to have a gorgeous lunch - fish and chips and a panini, as usual delicious. So good to be back we have missed it.
Quick browse for once a week essential shopping.
Good idea to book a table for lunch it might get busy.
JHAD

Date of experience: April 2021
NickP4059, Owner at Oakchurch Farm Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2021

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to have the pantry restaurant open again :) see you soon

Reviewed 23 December 2020

Lovely farm shop and clothing/ gifts/ bits and pieces but very expensive (iceberg lettuce £1.99!!),
Their covid precautions are good and the staff were helpful and polite. We had driven especially to go there so decided to have some lunch whilst there, the little booths in the cafe are excellent - very clean and totally separate, and the waitress was very friendly.
However..... they won't do sandwiches between 12-3 - eh?! and there is very little on their Light Bites so you're looking at their Main Courses, which start at £12. Time was getting on and kids were hungry so we decided to just order and hope it was worth the money.
I was shocked at how expensive it was, coffee £2.95, hot chocolate £3.95! Cakes were all £3.95. My mum had the bacon and brie panini - £9.95!! My very small bowl of soup was £6, but worst of all was the kids lunch bag: £5.95 for a single cheese sandwich (i.e. one piece of bread), crisps, a very small bruised apple and an inch square of flapjack. Totally not worth it, definitely will not visit the cafe again.

Date of experience: December 2020
NickP4059, Owner at Oakchurch Farm Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2021

Hello and thank you for your feedback.
Delighted to hear that you like the precautions that have been taken in the Pantry Restaurant to keep diners and staff safe.
The Pantry Restaurant is actually run independently of Oakchurch (by another local family as is happens, Bruce and Sandra Havard) and I've forwarded on your comments about food to them.
Unfortunately, the Pantry Restaurant has been forced to close again when we went into lockdown 3.

Reviewed 13 December 2020

Often used oak church for their Santa experience as it is beautiful the Gift shop is wonderful so we decided to shop local and went for a look. Stood in the que which is totally fine and expected but to be told when I got to the entrance there is a rule of 2? (Was myself my mum and my son all from one bubble following government guidelines). I understand businesses are doing all they can to keep safe and even though I find that a very odd rule to have, it could of been displayed before I got the entrance as it Was embarrassing, confusing and the staff member was very rude, what happened to being kind? Even my 5 year old picked up on it “she wasn’t very nice mummy”. After putting my CHILD of FIVE in a Trolley which EVERYONE has touched I couldn’t even find a cleaning station so had to use my own baby wipes and sanitiser to clean it down we were then allowed in, I was jut disappointed with it all. We were going to eat here but after being spoken to in such a rude way I just couldn’t be bothered. Followed on to a local garden centre in Hereford, where We received excellent customer service with a smile & throughly enjoyed our day. I don’t like to leave a bad review for a place I had a wonderful time last year and I know it’s hard for business right now but you don’t need stern horrible people on the door. Zero respect. I can see it’s not the first time either.

Date of experience: December 2020
3  Thank SLH1995

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.
We have fully manned sanitising facilities at out entrance (hand wash and pump hand gel) and you would have been given a trolley or basket that had already been fully sanitised for you by a member of our staff without you needing to do it yourself.

Reviewed 8 October 2020

We stopped for coffee and were very impressed with the way everything was arranged with Covid measures. After looking around the amazing shop we also stayed for lunch which was excellent. I would really recommend Oakchurch and will be returning soon.

Date of experience: October 2020
NickP4059, Owner at Oakchurch Farm Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2021

Thank you for taking time to leave this great review, so pleased you were happy with all our Covid measures, we hope yo visit us again soon :)

Reviewed 3 October 2020 via mobile

Stopped her for some lunch whilst the heavens opened up. They are very COVID aware, tables are in private booths. We had the quiche starter size with portion of chips, which came with a salad. Delicious I needed help with the chips as such a large portion. Mum had smoked salmon with a fish pate and slice of sourdough bread which she enjoyed. All food hot as was the lattes. Staff busy but friendly and service good. We paid at the table. Recommend.

Date of experience: October 2020
1  Thank chrischamb

Lovely review, thank you for taking the time, I shall pass on these lovely comments to the restaurant management. See you again soon :)