“Delightful”
Review of Fireside Dining

Fireside Dining
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Wawa
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

I had the best homemade burger and ‘chip truck’ fries!! Portions are generous and service was great. Unusual to have a dining room in a motor hotel these days and I enjoyed it. The coconut cream pie was fresh and I would swear it was homemade.
I’ll be back next time I’m in town.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

This restaurant is conveniently located at the Wawa Motor Inn. The food was good, service average. It is very dark and dated.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We stayed at the motel and could just walk in. Nice atmosphere Had their specials of the night : Wings and Macaroni Goulash. The wings were large and delish. the Macaroni Goulash was very filling. No beer on tap and limited wine selection

Reviewed 23 August 2017

When we were there, 1/2 the restaurant was closed. The other 1/2 was almost full yet understaffed. Not nearly enough wait staff to accommodate the patrons. As we sat down we heard the table beside us grumble about the delay in service, so apparently this mismanagement had been going on for most of the evening.
The one waitress that almost had time to come near our table looked to be harried and run off her feet. She did not even ask us if we wanted a glass of water, I doubt she had the time.
Now to be fair, we did show up at supper time. The restaurant was busy, as a lot of other people felt the need to eat at the same time that we did.
Should we expect a restaurant manger to predict a supper crowd at supper time- and staff accordingly?? Perhaps not at this restaurant. Perhaps not with this manager.
If you are inclined to a long, leisurely, neglected meal in pleasant surroundings, first check the online menu for prices of meals here. Outrageous!!!
So, if you feel inclined to dining in a poorly manged, expensive yet pleasantly appointed restaurant, and enjoy long leisurely neglected meals served by over worked harried staff, then THIS is the place for you.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We were staying in the log motel on this property and thought this would be the logical place to eat for three hungry bikers on the last leg of a ride around Lake Superior. It was a busy weekend as the drag races were happening in town. The dining room was only about 3/4 full though when we walked in about 7:30pm. We were told to seat ourselves and looked at the menu while anticipating a cold drink. Unfortunately, the place was way understaffed and we were put on "ignore". While being ignored, we noticed that one of the specials was a chili dog with fries and slaw for $15.00. Other prices were similarly inflated. One waitress came relatively close then left us hanging. After a protracted period with no human contact - and no drink - we got up and left. We got on the bikes and rode to Lai's Chinese Restaurant downtown and had a great meal. I am not a grumpy, hard-to-please patron normally but my experience here left me hungry, thirsty, and, well...grumpy. Not blaming the staff. the management on the other hand, should manage!

1  Thank RoMoDoJo