“The water was good.”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I wouldn't go back here. The accompanying salad was a single, limp piece of lettuce and a slice of tomato and the patron had to explain that the duck was, indeed, duck, which I wouldn't have guessed otherwise. The children's galette was not enjoyed, while we were charged 3€ for sharing a dish between two of the children. Ie, 3€ for using a plate. The other reviewers slating this place did a better job than me, heed their words.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

After we left the Hostellerie de la Reine Jeanne (see my review), we entered "au Porte Mages".
First of all the lady who served us was extremely friendly. Furthermore they have a really nice and large (however cosy) terrace.
The food was of a very good qualtiy and prices are very reasonable.
So this restaurant is worth a visit.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

This little café was on the left, just inside the village. We stopped in the quiet terrace for a lovely lunch. Nothing extraordinary, but decent food and service.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Delightful shaded terrace provides a nice oasis for an average meal. Sufficient for lunch and eliminating peckishness, however nothing special.

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

This is one of our favourite lunchtime haunts when we are in the area. We always have the salads, a huge plateful! Today, I had my usual, the salade gourmande, a mixed leaf salad dressed with fois gras on toast, warm gizzards with warm potato pieces, smoked duck, walnuts tomatoes etc. My wife had the vegetarian salad but was a little disappointed. Desserts were creme brulee with lavender and nougat glace with red fruit compote. A half litre of very acceptable rose and coffee to finish. Delicious food, sitting in the sun.

1  Thank Francis M