“Best sandwich of our trip!”
Review of Steiners Bakery

Steiners Bakery
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Campbell River
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

After 3 weeks traveling through West Canada, I can honestly say we've had one of the best sandwiches here! Delicious bread and yummy sauce, we even got a free cookie to go!

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

I decided to try this place for lunch. They advertise “fresh sandwiches”, but when I got to the counter, I was told the sandwiches were already pre made, with mayo, mustard, or whatever appropriate condiments were required for the type of sandwich you ordered. This turned me off, because you never truly know if they used fresh or day old bread for the sandwiches, until you bought and ate it. Being pre made, also means you can’t personalize your sandwich, in case you didn’t want mayo, etc.. When I mentioned I didn’t want mayo on my sandwich, they didn’t offer to make me a fresh sandwich, but instead gave me suggestions for other bakery items.

I was hungry, so I didn’t leave. I decided to try a soft Pretzel and a Ham And Cheese Croissant. The pretzel tasted much like you would expect, nothing special here. The Ham croissant was quite large. There was a slice of Black Forest Ham inside and a good amount of cheese. The croissant itself, was a bit more dense than you would expect, but it worked really well with the ham and cheese. The croissant was very tasty and filling.

1  Thank NoshTraveller
Reviewed 10 July 2017

The best cinnamon bun I have ever had! Also, If you are planning a formal gathering and need a fruit cake -- go no further! I wish I had bought one of these famous confections when I got married. This is the place for Gluten free treats and standard classics. The bread is like mama used to make.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

My husband and I decided to try this spot for a freshly made lunch. And we were very happy with our choice.
We each had a bowl of Beef Barley Soup that was so tasty and so thick with ingredients that it was almost like a stew. It was great.
And, we decided to share a Pastrami on Rye sandwich. The bread was so fresh and the Pastrami was absolutely delicious. The best sandwich we have had in a very long time.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Busy place. Decent food decent prices and friendly staff. Great location. Different type of goodies not he same as you may not find anywhere else