“Not your average waffles”
Review of Whistlin' Waffle

Whistlin' Waffle
Ranked #63 of 153 Restaurants in Campbell River
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Reviewed 17 January 2018

This was my second visit to Whistlin' Waffles for brunch. It was a recommendation of a girlfriend and I wasn't sure I wanted waffles - but the fact is - you can have all sorts of stuff. The waffle is merely the vessel. My first visit I had the eggs benny (there are many versions of eggs benny), and it was very good, but my last visit I opened for the BLACT (Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, Cheese, Tomato) all between the waffle "bread". The waffle sandwich was accompanied by waffle fries (cuz clearly, you need to keep with the theme!). I was also treated to my first Bubble Tea. What fun. The best part about it (food service was fast btw) was the price! So reasonable. I will absolutely be back and it's worth the 40 minute drive for me.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Absolutely the worst service ever. Took 25 mins to be seated, 20 minutes to place an order and then 35 mins and we’re stilling waiting for food. Over an hour, no food, no one has checked on us, and this has been a complete waste of time. The people who came in 15 mins after us have been seated and fed already.

Won’t be back & will tell people about the terrible service received. For a new business you would think they would be trying to get their stuff together by now.

1  Thank watsonn710
Management response:Responded 23 December 2017

Hi Watsonn710,
We apologize for your unpleasant visit with us. We do our best to give 101% service to everyone who walks in our business. There is no excuse on our part, and will definitely take this as a lesson learned. I would love to hear from you personally, and hope that you would give us another chance to make things right.
I believe the service is just as important in any business. Please feel free to contact me at 250.204.1617

-Whistlin' Waffle

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Took our grand daughter for breakfast very tasty great service $$$ good prices good location easy parking.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

My daughter phoned me and said she wanted to take me out of the Whistlin' Waffle, it was my first time. I had savory and she had a sweet build your own. We will be going back, especially for the waffle fries, delicious.
As it is in a high ceiling room it is noisy and on a hot day there doesn't seem to be a lot of air flow, our server was wonderfully friendly and did not hover.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

We had family visiting from California and Vancouver and decided to go here on their last morning. I'd heard mixed reviews but our experience was wonderful. We were 5 adults and a 4 year old. We had somewhat limitied time and they made sure we got all our orders quickly. The food was freshly made, delicious and varied. When the owner heard us talking about portion sizes (eggs bennie were pretty big) she said we could share an order or get a half order no problem. I would certainly recommend this delightful place.