Review Highlights
Realization of a Lifetime Dream

I had dreamed of experiencing a glider flight since I was 5. I did so this week at Vancouver Island... read more

Reviewed 1 August 2020

from US$79.62
from US$53.05
from US$145.92
More Info
All reviews glider flight vancouver island an incredible experience pilot flying eagles bird instructions
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 August 2020

I had dreamed of experiencing a glider flight since I was 5.
I did so this week at Vancouver Island Soaring Centre. It was an incredible experience. Flying with only the sound of wind was both peaceful and exhillerating.
The pilot was very experienced and made sure I felt safe.

The owner gave very thourough explanations and instructions.

This is a must for an experience.

Date of experience: July 2020
1  Thank 313myfanwyc
Reviewed 31 July 2020

Vancouver Island is an incredibly beautiful place and is even more spectacular when soaring above like an eagle. The experience of catching an updraft and riding it was definitely bird like. Keith was an excellent pilot and let me try my hand at taking the controls. I felt very safe, as the owner and staff are experienced pilots who LOVE what they do. You can feel their enthusiasm. A great time being a tourist in my own backyard.

Date of experience: July 2020
Reviewed 9 October 2019

Absolutely one of the best gifts I have ever had for my birthday. I am really really afraid of heights but the staff, owners and pilots were absolutely fantastic. It was a very clear day so gliding down was like being on a big marshmallow floating thru the air.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 30 September 2019

Once in a lifetime experience. Andrei was knowledgeable and personable. Highly recommend him as his team. Greg.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 27 September 2019

My partner and I both did the Valley flight and it was amazing, the views were brilliant and the pilot had a great knowledge of the area and was very friendly. I am so glad we drove 2 hours for this, it was worth it and was my partners favorite part of our holiday.

Date of experience: September 2019