All reviews sized room beds were very comfortable nice room stairwell travelodge muskoka
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Upon first arrival we were treated very poorly/rudely....arrived prior to 3pm and were told checkin was at 3...no one offered to see if a room was available.... Once in a room we found the TV didnt work properly, the patio door was broken, flooring was cheap laminate...No offer to reduce rate on room and when I asked for one I was told "no, I cant do that"... will not return to this motel and do not recommend at all.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank RebeccaA1509
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I wouldn’t recommend to come this terrible hotel.Beware of the your bill when you’re checking out. First of all they said the machine is broken, they wrote down my credit card’s numbers and asked for signatures .After we left the hotel, we found out that changed me US dollars from my credit card, it’s a big difference amount what the receipt they gave me. Overcharge overcharge overcharge......
We spoke to the girl at the front desk about this issue, she still kept lying what she did . It kept my whole family waiting at the lobby to fix this problem over 3 hours .

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Booked a family suite online. Checked in assuming we were getting the family suite we purchased. Got our room and lugged 3 babies upstairs along with all luggage around 6:30pm (3 kids under 3).
Finally got up the stairs and opened our room door to find we had been given a standard room instead of the suite we paid for and booked a head of time. Also, the room was dirty looking. Went downstairs to try and sort things out, the lady at the front desk was incredibly rude. She told me the family suite was already booked, I explained I had booked it 2 days prior and she told me I booked a regular room. So I showed my confirmation, to which she suggested bringing a cot into the room (never did she offer to refund me the deference between a suite and standard room. I told her I would just pack up and head home for the night and would like a full refund. She refused to refund my credit card on the spot and wouldn’t even come to the front desk to speak with me in person. I had to go back to the front desk 3 different times asking for her to refund me on the spot so I knew I wouldn’t be charged. She finally came to the front desk and ran my card through, but instead of refunding me she charged me again. When I brought it to her attention she told me I was wrong and it was a refund not a charge (after showing her the approval code on the receipt) she finally refunded me the full amount of the double charge. I was jumping through hoops to try and get a refund on a mistake they made with 3 children under 3. It was a terrible experience, and I’m convinced that the hotel was trying to charge me without staying. It was a horrible place with horrible customer service. I would not recommend this place to anyone! We ended up driving well over an hour with 3 tired babies home. I can’t express how disappointed I was with this hotel.
*side note, I met another person who was staying at this hotel and his room had bugs in it, moldy food left in the fridge and holes in the wall. He was also charged $100 less then I was for the same type of room, so beware of that.

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank lilpearson
Reviewed 15 August 2018

We were stopping overnight in Huntsville before heading into Algonquin Park, and needed a room for 5 adults. This was one of very few hotels online that seemed to be able to accommodate that request. I booked the room for 5 adults and also made a note that there would be 5 of us on the reservation.

The hotel is close to Hwy 11, very easy to find and seemed clean, although very worn. Staff are friendly and helpful. However, front desk was never fully staffed, we always had to ring for service.
Check in was very easy once she came to the desk, and the young women even offered to split our bill and charge us each separately, which was great. She also mentioned that she had seen my reservation that day and had changed the room we were to have to a family room - with 2 queen size beds, plus a pullout couch, small fridge, microwave ... It was quite large, so we weren't all bumping into each other, but had seen better days: carpets need replaced, sink was cracked and repaired, had to use special key for the door. It made me wonder what room we would have been given for 5 adults if she hadn't moved us.

To be honest it seemed a bit overpriced for what we got (budget hotel charging mid-range prices), however it was also a Sat night in July in Huntsville. We were charged extra for the 3 extra adults, which I already knew from the online booking, but that was supposed to include breakfast, which we knew we wouldn't be taking advantage of as we were leaving early the next morning and didn't want to take the time for a sit down meal.

Beds were very comfortable, but it was a pretty noisy location, lots of banging of doors in the hall by other guests, and I had to close the window in the middle of the night as there seemed to be people sitting under our window having a gab fest.

When we were leaving I didn't want to just leave the key on the front desk, since it was a real key, but had to ring for service again at 7:30 am. I found that a bit odd since we had been told the night before to come downstairs at 7:30 am to get breakfast vouchers.

It suited our purpose as a pit stop so we could get an early morning start on our canoe trip. However, if I had been visiting Hunstville area for a day or 2 I would have been disappointed with this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2018

The receptionist was trying her best to be helpful but got muddled with our check in. Our room was very dated looking but it was clean. There was no kettle and it was a very noisy night with people coming and going outside under our window. In hindsight we should have booked somewhere else. It really just needs updating and a good deep clean.

Date of stay: May 2018