All reviews birches restaurant outdoor pool ski hill tennis courts hockey tournament paddle boats this past weekend games room spent two nights third floor beautiful spot get away hv lake scott wedding sauna
Reviewed 10 February 2019 via mobile

Well first the good. It was our first time here for a winter weekend and the location is awesome for skiing. Just get dressed in your room and walk across the road to the ski hill Don’t forget to get your discount passes at the front desk as well you save about 5 bucks a ticket so you might as well. Dinner on Friday night was good. Nothing remarkable but quite good all the same. The room was pretty good. A little dated but clean and comfy beds. The only drag is no elevator so if you’re on the third floor then you have to walk up one flight with all your stuff.
Now for the bad. Super pissed off that we booked here because they have an indoor pool however when we arrived we were told they just refilled it and the temp was only 60 degrees. Two days later and it was still only mid seventies. This sucked when we specifically booked here for the chance to swim with our daughter who loves swimming. We were all super disappointed and the front desk staff really didn’t seem to care. Yes they apologized but in my opinion they should have offered us something in return like a discount or meal vouchers or something. I expressed my frustration several times over the weekend and still no offer of anything back. This is not customer services people!
The last disappointment is not a big deal but on sundays you only have the option of a $16.00 buffet for breakfast. Since we were disappointed in our breakfast that was served the day before cold and We only wanted something light- we had to check out and go somewhere else instead.

All in all an ok place but a little tired looking and the pool issue really disappointed us

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Scott D, General Manager at Hidden Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2019

Dear MiddleSteve,
Thank you for taking the time to complete your survey regarding your recent stay at Hidden Valley Resort, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with my department heads to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. Being a parent with kids that love to swim I truly understand your frustration for the pool closure and reopening but there was nothing I could do but empty and refill. If you are ever in the area again please reach out to me direct so I can offer a preferred rate for you and your family.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Huntsville.

Reviewed 5 February 2019

We visited a few weeks ago. As it was the first time skiing for several of our family members we decided to take a lesson. Bella, our instructor was truly amazing and made us all feel comfortable and confident. She is an excellent ambassador for the resort and even welcomed us warmly on our second visit! The resort is a great place for all levels of skiers and very family friendly!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear 6travellersall,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your survey regarding your recent stay at Hidden Valley Resort, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon and we will make sure to pass along your wonderful comments to Bella about your experience.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 5 February 2019

Front desk welcoming, even got it early. Banquet ,table settings excellent , from centre pieces to pink napkins, good food served in a timely manner and with a smile. Scott the manager went over and above to get my car parked for me.. Every employee you passed had a friendly hello and smile. Great customer service. Thanks for making my stay great.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear macsmansion,
Thank you for taking the time to complete your survey regarding your recent stay at Hidden Valley Resort, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member. Your feedback is very important to us and we thank you for your positive comments on your recent stay at Hidden Valley Resort. On your next visit please reach out to me and I will make sure to valet your car again.

Reviewed 30 January 2019

Was a last minute decision to stay here after a 2 night trip on Montreal was reduced to one and this was en-route to the Lakes. Price was reasonable for 4 in one room with balcony with lovely view over the lake. Room was tired but clean with us all in the one room. breakfast was extra and again a reasonable cost and offering. Facilities, pool was a bit chilly but once in fine, a lot of steps down to small beach area, where you could use paddle boards/play badminton etc which the kids enjoyed.

Room tip: you pay extra for rooms facing the lake, but looking the other way would be miserable.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear BATBOO,
We would like to thank you for posting your comments on Trip advisor. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great experience for our guests at our property. We look forward to having you and your family back to Hidden Valley Resort in the near future.
Thank you once again for your kind words and we look forward to having you back to the Valley.

Reviewed 24 January 2019 via mobile

Went with family and I'm looking forward to returning back to this Resort as we had such a great time the first time we went here. Indoor pool water temperature is prefect for kids! Our kids spent half day in the water and wouldn’t want to leave. The staff was amazing and extremely accommodating! The resort was clean the food was great! I actually recommended this place to a few of my friends who went and also said they would return!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear azrael5,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out your survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.