“very good sushi.”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City Commercial Core
Reviewed 20 May 2015

My friends and I went to this "all you can eat" Sushi restaurant and it was much better this time than the last time I visited. We were seated promptly when we arrived and the friendly waiter took our drink orders and the drinks arrived quickly. We ordered from the electronic tablet and our food also arrived quickly. The food was very good. We were happy with the service and the food.

Reviewed 15 May 2015

I liked the atmosphere of the restaurant. It felt very trendy inside. You can order via tablets. This is great as you can see what it is before you order.

The service was great. Staff were quick to assist us when we called. The food came at a respectable time.

The rolls were standard. Nothing really stood out in terms of the dishes. The images and even the tablets seem to be ordered from the same supplier as other sushi buffets I have been to in Hamilton.

If this is the only option for sushi in Kitchener then it is good, but compared to other sushi buffet in the GTA it is definitely average.

Reviewed 3 May 2015

The food here is really good and the service is great. It is on the more expensive side, I would say. I would come here if I'm really hungry so I can get my money's worth.

Reviewed 27 April 2015

Sometimes all a girl wants is a decent chopped scallop handcone with a dash of spicy sauce. Ye's delivers.

After a hellish drive down from Toronto to see a rock concert at a nearby nightclub in downtown Kitchener, I decided there was no way I was braving a late November evening without something in my belly. My fellow passenger and concert buddy absolutely refused to move more than two meters unless the destination included the promise of food, good food, and lots of it. Enter a quick hunt around for a reliable restaurant which would dish up grub unlikely to make us regret standing for two hours in front of a favourite band.

Ye's was suitably close and blue-ribboned by other fellow reviews. In we went. I am pleased to say in no way were they mistaken in their praise for Ye's, though admittedly hunger and desperation add a particular relish to all sorts of food. However, I confess to being a sushi-snob and my friend no less so.

We found Ye's to be clean, a bit kitschy, and trying a little too hard for that urban minimalism decor hip joints are doing lately. I've eaten sushi literally squashed into a closet in a train station at Tokyo, and it was nothing short of divine, so my tolerance for my culinary surroundings varies considerably depending on food quality. This isn't a place with a narrow, one page menu of fifteen individual fish on rice or rolls available only in minimal quantities, as seasonal catches allow. Ye's gives a broad sweep of rolls, sashimi, bowls, appetizers, and essentially about every fish plus rice combination you might come up with. Purists who make a prune face at the sight of a California roll may take offense, but the chefs serve up quite a few variations from the plain and elegant to the overly elaborate.

Ye's is at its strongest where spice and simplicity are involved. Their mouthwatering sashimi melted in my mouth like butter that night, and balanced well with the sweet-sour sticky rice served in great heaps if you ask nicely. The spicy salmon hit the mark dead on. In my estimation, several of the rolls were too overstuffed with rice and felt pretty big when shared between two people. We were trying not to loosen our proverbial belts given we had a concert and then a long drive ahead of us.

Fresh fish is an art form and the offerings here were good. Shrimp was crisp, the fish didn't smell funny, and the ingredients were all quite tasty. It helped we showed up at an odd hour between the early dinner crush and the later evening crowd, so our wait time was minimal. Towards the end as the line for tables grew, service dropped off a bit and waiting for our cheque was worrisome. However, our server ran about to make sure drinks were refilled and food came promptly.

We got a fairly reasonable deal on the food, given it's a mid-size Canadian city and competition is not comparable to Vancouver or Toronto. It also comes with ice cream, which is a-okay in my books!

Reviewed 15 April 2015

Food is always fresh and served quickly. Good service and fantastic value for this level of quality. Best sashimi in KW area hands down.