“Could easily be a 5/5 any day, anytime, if they just ...”

Raja Fine Indian Cuisine
Ranked #38 of 586 Restaurants in Kitchener
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 11 April 2018

The food selection; food quantity and food quality are all excellent here. And that's coming from someone who knows next to nothing about Indian food.

I would recommend Raja to anyone, but with a warning that you don't want to be in a hurry, or tight for time.

For 4 of us, it was our first time here; we will certainly try the other two locations as well. We had reservations, but for a Tuesday night, it was obviously not needed.
There was a group of almost 20 patrons at one big table in the back room, us, and two other tables of approx. 10 other people total, but half of the restaurant was otherwise empty.

The restaurant is beautiful and impeccably clean. The washrooms and overall atmosphere in the restaurant was almost spa-like.

Service was 5-Star.

My guess is they were short-staffed in the kitchen or wanted to make sure the large group at one table got all of their dishes served at the same time.
I have to Parrot a recent TA reviewer by saying: we too, really did think that we were forgotten at one point in our evening.
However, our server kept a close eye on us, so we didn't feel put out.
The 4 of us had lots to talk about and we passed the time without any concerns.
In fact, I was confused why our server presented us with complimentary appetizers and desserts " ... because of the long wait ..." we experienced at one point - even though we didn't even complain!

I am guessing that the restaurant pays attention to TA reviews and makes an effort to address concerns raised - for example, long wait times.

4  Thank TheyCallHimFlipper

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Arrived for a 5:15 pm reservation to find that we weren't expected, the area of the restaurant I'd requested was occupied, and the other option was the dark back room which was not yet set up. The food was mediocre and high priced: $18 for the mediocre sauce, $3-5 for naan or rice, $5 for a salad...almost the price of a high end steak dinner...!
And to top it all, the final bill charged for 2 bottles of wine we had not ordered! more than $100 overbilled. The waiter seemed not very bright...first removed just one bottle from the bill - we had to point out there was still one bottle charged. Not impressed. Oh - and the debit and credit machine wasn't working so we had to "trustingly" leave our card # and code. Hoping that we don't get ripped off via that avenue.
Too bad...the reviews looked promising...but we won't go here again nor recommend to others.

1  Thank popcornsam
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Raja is one of the best India cusine restaurants in the city BUT this outing had some shortcomings. The beer menu was not accurate as several brews were no longer available. The service was very slow and there were times we thought wr were forgotten. Surprising since restaurant was busy but not jammed.
The food selection, quantity and quality were all excellent. I would recommend Raja's to anyone but with a warning you don't want to be in a rush.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We have been to Raja Fine Indian cuisine three times and I can only complement everyone. The food is fabulous, the place is clean and lovely, the service was incredible. I highly recommend anyone who loves Indian food to have a wonderful experience. .

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Recently enjoyed a great meal, with my daughter, at Raja. All the food was very tasty!
Our server was very accommodating! Everyone in the restaurant seemed to be having a good time.
I can’t wait to return.
We sat in the front part of the restaurant but there looked like some nice cozy tables in the back.
Very nice place!