“Oktoberfest”

Ranked #30 of 573 Restaurants in Kitchener
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: German, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: German Canadian Club providing hospitality since 1873. Full service Restaurant with outdoor Patio as well as a 450 seat banquet hall. Open 6 days a week. The club is a not for profit organization.We are conveniently located in the center of Kitchener, close to the expressway and offer ample parking for our guests. Our cuisine is a blend of German as well as North American dishes. We are well known beyond our borders as "the home of Oktoberfest" where in October the club ads a 4,000 person tent to it's building in order to celebrate it's annual "Oktoberfest"If you want to experience German food prepared by our professional staff according to how it is made in Europe, the Club is your place!
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We really enjoyed our outing with the Sr.'s group to celebrate Oktoberfest. The staff were all very welcoming and prepared to entertain the 4 busloads of lunch guests. They offered a buffet lunch that included green salad, coleslaw, potato salad, vegetables, mashed potatoes, gravy, sauerkraut, schnitzel, Bavarian sausage, chicken & cabbage rolls. Also rolls & Apple strudel. Great food! We were entertained with a 3 pc.band as well as a mother (82) daughter (62) duo performing yodelling numbers and playing the bells. They were AWESOME! It was a great afternoon. EIN PROSIT!

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I attended the Octoberfest festivities at this establishment on Saturday night and here's the lowdown.
This venue holds about 4000 people and is the largest German hall in the area to my knowledge. There are two sections that you can purchase tickets for, the tent and the main hall. The tent is really setup for the younger crowd. It's setup on the parking lot out back and is not climate controlled to my knowledge. If you are into clubbing and partying with a bunch of people than this would be a better choice. Keep in mind that besides the music the ambient sound in the tent makes it very hard to carry on a conversation.
In the main hall it's a much more traditional German feel. More mature crowd, music and German decor. Most important for us was it was climate controlled as it was hotter when we went.
The only thing that prevented it from getting an excellent rating was the food to be quite honest. Mind you it was Octoberfest so I'm not sure it was there best menu but it wasn't traditional to me. I personally have been to Munich and would consider the menu to be anything but authentic. I will return for dinner after the festival to see if it improves.
Other than that we enjoyed the venue and the experience.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

What a wonderful discovery while visiting Kitchener. Didn't know the Concordia Club is hosting the 2nd Oktoberfest in the world, right here in Canada !!!

The restaurant is authentic to typical German gastronomy and hospitality. There is a well elaborated food menu and of course beer selections. Families with children were present as well as couples and friends.

This place is a must detour, especially during the festival, that I will be attending next year (now that I know is there. The ticket sale goes months in advance and sell fast, be on the lookout !

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We went there for our 49th anniversary. We were treated like royalty. It just so happened it was on a Thursday, their Chief's Special night, dinner for 2 cost $19.99. We had the schnitzel, their special. The portion size was large and delicious. It came with fried potatoes, season vegetables and bun. We also ordered a side of fried mushrooms and onions and their mushroom gravy, which we shared. The portion size was generous considering the price. I would definately recommmend this restaurant. If you go on a Thursday go before 6:00pm. It gets busy

1  Thank Anne6521
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Should have written this ages ago, but because I still vividly remember how wonderful the food was, and have been wanting to return, maybe it's even more meaningful now.
The food was outstanding, the atmosphere lovely and the staff made it into a fantastic and fun evening. To our very personable waitress Michelle and excellent chef Andres, I say a big thank you for turning a fun evening with friends into a great dining experience.
I highly recommend this place

1  Thank Donna L