See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 5 December 2018

Do not stay at the Knights Inn Kitchener. Frankly one star is too many. If you are looking for a bargain option, perhaps try the allegedly bed-bug infested Sherwood Inn next door, as you will likely have a better night's stay than the one you'll have here. This hotel is a waking nightmare, crawling with seedy individuals, many of whom seemed as though they were being paid for their services or waiting for their drug dealer. The hotel room was even more frightening. I didn't sit on the toilet seat for fear of what I might catch and didn't lay my head on the bed for fear of what might crawl into it. I slept in a sleeping bag. The press-board walls were covered in stains, not as many as the couch mind you, and were falling off at every corner. This non-smoking room smelled of old, stale cigarettes, with a faint attempt to mask it with a cheap, dollar store air freshener that they had torn into pieces and shoved into the heating unit. While the check-in attendant was pleasant, albeit rather forward with his desire for me to 'write a good review because there is lots of competition', the check-out attendant could not have been more rude. I seemed to inconvenience him when I asked if I could settle the bill. He just gestured at a stack of bargain mini-muffins that they pass off as their 'continental breakfast' and shouted it's fine! Take muffin! I politely declined, to which he grew even more intense and said, “no. You will take a muffin.” I had intended to pay for the room in cash, so the fact that they had charged my credit card without my confirmation made me anxious. I threw the rock hard muffin out my car window. THE WORST PART - not only did they charge my credit card without my knowledge, THEY CHARGED IT TWICE! When I contacted Expedia for assistance, they attempted to contact the hotel owner, who, surprise surprise, was belligerent and difficult. He stated that they only charged me once, even though I was looking at my physical credit card statement that clearly showed they charged me twice. In the end, I had to call my credit card company and launch a formal claim against them to get my money back. Hear me now, AVOID THIS HOTEL LIKE THE PLAGUE, AS YOU WILL LIKELY CATCH IT HERE IF YOU DON'T. At the very least, you'll be secretly and shadily ripped off by Kitchener's most disgusting hotel experience.

Room tip: Don't stay in any of the rooms. They are all terrible.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank treeshmac
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I was competing in town and had booked online. When we arrived they only had one room when we had booked 2. They had the worst customer service. They kid at the front desk was clueless... it stunk so bad in the lobby and was so dirty.. the ice machine had mold and filth all over it.. The young kid, must have been the sun kept telling us that the manager wasn’t around until my mother demanded. Then finally the manger came. Feeling desperate at this time we decided to visit a room to see if maybe it was doable! Absolutely Not!! There was plywood between the thin springy mattresses... light bulbs Burnt out and it was dark! And the smell omg.. plus all the hooligans running around outside... we decided against taking the room for 2 nights. They said get Expedia to call in the morning for a full refund... we did call and when Expedia called the hotel to confirm we didn’t stay there, they refused us our refund and took our money!!! Thieves and dirty business. The worst motel and people I’ve ever encountered!!! Beware!!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Gitta N
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I originally booked this room as I was able to get a sizable military discount. As some reviews say, you get what you paid for. We were up there for a curling event and when we checked in late had no choice to go elsewhere. People sitting in chairs outside their rooms. We felt uncomfortable with the lighting and condition of the room. There were patches on the walls and the towels did not seem fresh. The continental breakfast was to consist of the coffee pot and muffins, but I didn't wait in the morning to see what that was going to be as we had to head out at 7am for a practice. The wifi on the phones was spotty but I was able to use my laptop at the back of the room.
Luckily I was able to get a refund for the other 2 nights we didn't stay there.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank jeffersonnewcastle
Reviewed 7 July 2017

I was there at Knights Inn on July 1st. I had booked a hotel down the road from it.
Had problem when I went to check -in . There credit card system didn't read Debit Visa fro the U.S.A an they dint except CASH for me to check -in . So I had to find a place to stay Knights Inn was in our budget so had no choice , so we check -in at Knights Inn during our checking in the man that work there that night was nice an very friendly ( I thing his name was Sed, my son called him the Boss. He invited us to join his family when did the fire works that night . Thank you my son had a great time

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank khampasongthoncg2017
Reviewed 27 May 2017

avoid this dump at all cost. lots of mould in fridge. dirt and dust everywhere. the manager likes to put his hands on people he is lucky he did not get his nose broken after putting his hands on me. .Manager likes to argue even when proven wrong. can not rate this dump because there is nothing lower than terrible the managar also said that the room we were in is one of their best rooms. if thats the case i would not want to see an average room.

Room tip: there are no good rooms
Date of stay: May 2017