All reviews western hotels best westerns yogurt off the highway breakfast was included stayed one night bed was comfortable parking lot hot tub the room was nice would stay here again king street clean rooms the breakfast area business trip excellent stay cleaning staff
Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

Front desk staff friendly
Clean rooms, cleaning staff very accommodating (which is not always the case)
Good location off the highway and close to hockey arenas, restaurants and shopping.
Would recommend

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

ZERO RATING !

On 7th December, my Husband made a reservation at Quality Inn, King Str, Kitchener. (Note: we have stayed there for the last 15 years on our travels, when it was originally Comfort Inn, then Best Western and since it became Quality Inn earlier this year).

We made a 4 night reservation with Felicia. When we travel, we request rooms that we are familiar with, large enough to accommodate a lot of luggage, as well as having a patio door. So we requested same from her. She said she couldn’t assign a room, no guarantees, but could put a request on the system. Spending 4 nights, we needed a large room assigned to us.

We asked her for weekend rates, but she couldn’t give us the CPSA rate, as she didn’t know what it stood for : CANADIAN PROFESSIONAL SALES ASSOCIATION, which we are members of. CPSA is a partner with the Choice Group and entitles members to a significant discount as well as other perks.

When my Husband asked for the confirmation to be sent to his email, it never arrived.

On Thursday, I recalled the hotel, to find out about the reservation, as still no confirmation was received. I spoke to a guy called Scott. On the phone, we again enquired about the weekend rate, which he quoted was one price for Thursday night, another for Friday night, couldn’t quote Saturday night, and quoted Sunday night.

It didn’t make sense though that the rate should change using CPSA. Eventually, in the afternoon, the confirmation was received, however, the grand total was a ridiculous amount.

When we arrived at the hotel, Scott was standing at the reception with 2 employees, one being Felicia.

After deliberating about the price, and handing him the CPSA card, he kept on offering, a mere 10% discount. We tried to explain that CPSA and Choice were partners, though he wasn’t prepared to budge.

Furthermore, my Husband is a DIAMOND ELITE Choice member, and even showing Scott the card and me mentioning my Husband’s status, he said it didn’t mean anything. Really?

Every guest should be treated with respect. I believe, it’s the protocol of Choice, to “go the extra mile”, when a Diamond Elite member walks in the door. (We spend millions of Dollars with Choice, and possibly pay Scott’s salary too.) Well, Scott certainly did NOT do that, he preferred being discourteous.

After continued deliberation, Scott told us, in not as many words, we were wasting his time, that he was busy. He said I was wasting his time discussing the pricing issue. Actually, I am entitled to spend as much time as I see fit, until satisfied with an answer.

Just to say, I looked around, and there was no other guest to check in, or anyone else around. To make us leave I guess, he said he had work to do in the office. So I told him, to go and do it ......

He started up again, and I told him he had a bad attitude, and that’s not the way to deal with guests, and that I was going to put this incident on TripAdvisor as I’m duly doing now. With that, he promptly told my Husband and I, to LEAVE THE HOTEL NOW. Yes, you read correctly, to get out!

We were dumbfounded that this guy was on such a power trip, being reception manager, and had the audacity to speak to us and behave in this manner. Needless to say, the two girls never said a word, and no apology made.

We left the hotel, and had to search for another hotel, after already driving for 5 hours in horrendous weather. This was extremely inconvenient, as all our clients are in Kitchener.

WE WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE .....

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Meldoll1
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Good value, excellent buffet breakfast included, with lots of selection
lots of parking, near the highway, room is a bit small, but comes with all amenities, wifi speed is good.
I was there a bit early but refused to check in.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Wilson W
Reviewed 25 September 2018

The room was clean and a good size.
The bed, though was a little hard for us, but that is subjective, and another one might just love it.
The hotel was quiet even though it is very close to the highway.
Bathroom had a super noisy fan, and little on the small size, but clean.
Breakfast was the usual fare and lots of it.
it is super close to a big mall, and other shopping and so has tons of restaurants around.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We were travelling for vacation and this was the perfect stop on our way. Checked and really liked the room (lots of privacy) had a nice supper and spent the night. There was a very nice restaurant within walking distance so we could leave the boat attached to our vehicle. After a day of travelling just want supper and go to a nice soft bed.

Date of stay: July 2018