“Excellent fresh food”

Cuisines: Ukrainian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I was at Teremok with a friend for lunch. It is a cheerful small restaurant. We ordered a shepherd’s pie with borscht combo and a potato and cheddar perogies with borscht combo. The soup was very flavourful. The perogies were fluffy and delicious. The portions were generous and we could not sample the desserts as we had planned to as we were too full. I will definitely return to try the other menu items.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

People throw the term "hidden gem" around a lot to describe restaurants. This cafe is truly deserving of the title. For such a little cafe tucked into a plaza with no signage, it is amazing. The borsch soup would make my Ukrainian grandmother proud. It's all handmade with a very welcome atmosphere decorated to feel like a home. Maybe it's the nostalgia in me, but this place is heartwarming.

Reviewed 6 December 2016

I was in the little Plaza off Erb St. to drop my daughter off for and appointment. I noticed Teremok Cafe.
Curious, I walked in and immediately knew I had found something. The aroma of borscht filled the small space. I ordered borscht and potato and onion perogies--my first experience of either--and enjoyed a memorable lunch.
Their borscht was rich and flavourful, a truly wonderful bowl of soup. My new favourite soup.
I've since returned and have recommended this little gem to anyone I know who enjoys great food.

Reviewed 11 January 2016

I love going to this place because of their freshly brewed coffee. The cafe is clean and not noisy. My friend and I regularly meet here for breakfast. We love the BLT and Western sandwich.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

If you like sauerkraut perogies this is the place to go!
The cafe is neat and tidy and spotlessly.
Order at the counter and the food is brought yo your table.
Definitely will go back!!!