All reviews attached restaurant an odd odor weber street lots of parking desk clerk room was clean and comfortable hear everything family restaurant would recommend this hotel to anyone restaurant next door checking out early check minute drive universities shannon university ontario
Reviewed 2 July 2015

Location is very close to Universities and Conestoga College. Access is good. Stayed for visit with University Student. I read some criticism on this TA site, but I attribute those complaints to the higher pricing, due to down town Waterloo location and proximity. The hotel does not have "paper thin walls" and the rooms are comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: 2nd floor towards rear is away from Weber St. noise
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank John R
yellowyou, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2015

I thank you for your kind review and am happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and the service that we are able to provide for our guests. I do hope to assist you with your booking needs in the future and ensure that you have an equally pleasant stay at our property.

Reviewed 23 June 2015

A very average stay with all expected except the breakfast was non-existent as the 'machine' was broken. I would have expected a courtesy coffee next door but non forthcoming! The stay was one night and the location perfect to visit an elderly relative near-by.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the back
  • Stayed: May 2015, traveled solo
yellowyou, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2015

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property and hope to assist with your booking needs in the future, but I am curious regarding your experiences with breakfast at our property. We, unfortunately, are one of the few Comfort Inn properties to not offer a complimentary breakfast at the hotel, as we do have an Angel's Family Restaurant attached to our lobby that does provide a 10% discount to all guests. I don't know what machine wouldn't be working, as we also provide complimentary coffee in the lobby for all guests, but I would welcome additional feedback from you to ensure that we can address these concerns in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night waiting for a gradation the next day. Walls were a bit thin but otherwise unremarkable. Beds were comfy but my personal feeling was that it was overpriced ($130 for a weekend). I would stay again for a stopover but nothing more.

Stayed: June 2015
yellowyou, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2015

I thank you for your kind words and am glad to hear that, while not an exceptional stay, you did enjoy your time at our property. Yes, rates can be high in the region, as they do fluctuate based on guest demand and, with the time you stayed corresponding with the summer event season and convocation ceremonies at Wilfrid Laurier University and University of Waterloo, this is considered a high season. Still, I do hope we can service your stay needs again during a future stay and, in discussing matters with the desk agent on duty, provide you with a more amicable rate

Reviewed 2 June 2015

Didn't spend much time in the room but it was very clean and recently renovated. The corridors were well maintained. The vending area was clean and well stocked. There was no breakfast included but there was an adjoining reasonable priced restaurant. The surrounding area looked a little run down not the hotels fault but it was convenient and well located. Enjoyed the fact that you could park your car next to your room. The reception was a little small but again recently renovated. The service was good. No coffee in the silex when I checked out and the staff were busy but would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled with friends
yellowyou, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2015

I am happy to hear about your stay with our property and that you enjoyed what the services that we provided. I certainly hope that we can assist you with your booking needs again in the future and provide you with an equally enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 10 April 2015

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Waterloo for one night in April in order to be in town for some meetings the following day. I foolishly didn't look at reviews or check the prices of other hotels in the area. I assumed that the Comfort Inn would be comfortable and more economical than other hotels. But at $125 per night for a basic room, I did not expect thin walls, unpleasant smells, towels with old blood stains, rock-hard beds, spotty wifi, and rooms heated by what are basically space heaters (no thermostat; the heaters turn on and off, and have three settings: 1, 2, and 3. You can't leave it on all night or you'll boil, but then you wake in a frigid cold room). The next morning I was awoken at 5:00am by a mass exodus of construction workers who use the hotel as home base while working on local projects.

Despite claiming to be newly renovated, this hotel is anything but modern. There was nothing "comfortable" about it.

To my disappointment, I later discovered that for $25-50 more, I could have stayed at any number of more modern, well-equipped hotels in the area. If you're going to spend the money, spend a bit more and go someplace else.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank tor1989
yellowyou, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2015

I certainly do apologize for the difficulties you encountered during your most recent stay with our property. It certainly sounds as though there were a number of areas where our department failed to meet your expectations and, again, I can only offer my apologies. Do know that I will be raising these concerns to our housekeeping supervisor to ensure that such matters are attended to and so that guests in the future will not encounter similar issues.