“Little gem in Whitby ”

Ranked #10 of 339 Restaurants in Whitby
Price range: US$6 - US$37
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving Whitby for over 10 years, casual, fine dining and friendly service. Specialize in seafood, premium grade steak and delicious sauce pasta. Highly recommended to make reservations for dinner and lunch on weekdays and Saturday dinner. Gourmet breakfast on the weekend (9:00 am to 2:00 pm), sorry no reservations. We believe in fresh, in-house sauces, dressings, desserts and more. Catering available offsite.
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

My dear wife arranged a wonderful dinner to celebrate my re-birthday and picked the lake grill in Whitby, Ontario. The restaurant is on Brock Street a few blocks south of the 401.

I had passed by the restaurant many times heading to Lakeshore Park, and to be honest hadn’t really noticed it, despite the brightly coloured awning over the front windows.

Restaurant is intimate, seating perhaps 40 or so diners.

I understand the chef was a finalist on the television cooking competition, chopped the restaurant gained notoriety.

My wife and I shared the eggrolls as an appetizer. They were delivered promptly and were very tasty.For dinner she ordered the lobster mac & cheese, while I chose the Pickerel and shrimp.

Though service was slow (30 minutes from order to food arriving on the table) the time passed fairly quickly as we were seated fairly close to the open kitchen and had an opportunity to watch the chefs in action.

My dish of Pickerel and shrimp was done to perfection, though I have to admit the lobster mac & cheese was by far more memorable. There were significant chunks of lobster hidden within the macaroni and cheese, each one waiting to be discovered and savored. (I should probably simply order what my wife orders instead of trying to eat healthy! Oh well, fortunately she shares with me.)

The restaurant as a featured brunch on the weekends, and I’m looking forward to enjoying it with some friends.

I highly recommend this restaurant, and if you visit I am hopefully you enjoy it as much as we did.

I hope this review is helpful.

1  Thank Kanbei S
Jose M, Owner at The Lake Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Thank you very much, we're glad that you enjoy dining at The Lake Grill.
It's our pleasure, serving every customers special, everything cook to order, it's like your home. Happy holidays to all! See you again.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

I tried this restaurant this week and was really happy to find such a great restaurant in Whitby. The food was wonderful and the service was second to none. A very friendly and attentive server and the owner came as well out to make sure that we were happy. A bit noisy as there was a VERY large group attending a work Christmas party but I'm sure that this was an exception. The food was on the pricey side but the wine was very reasonable. Will definitely make this a regular

Jose M, Owner at The Lake Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Thank you very much, were glad that you enjoy your time and food, dining at The Lake Grill. See you again. Happy holidays to all!

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Service and food were excellent. I had the crab cakes and halibut.... Very flavourful! Excellent service. I'd definitely go back. I heard their breakfast is amazing too!

Jose M, Owner at The Lake Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Thank you, see again soon. Have a wonderful Christmas to all!
Season's Greetings!

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Have been to The Lake Grill numerous times since it opened many years ago, Have taken friends from overseas there and have found that the food has always been excellent. The staff are polite and helpful, have never had a bad meal yet, in fact was there twice within a couple of weeks and have taken out of town guests there and all were very impressed with the food and quality and presentation. I would certainly recommend The Lake Grill.

Jose M, Owner at The Lake Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

In behalf of myself and staff, thank you very much and appreciate you and your guests for keep coming back. See you again. Good day! Happy holidays!

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I had the chance to eat lunch at the Lake Grill recently with some visiting family members. The inside of the restaurant was small but nicely decorated. The place was quite steady but I had no problem getting a table for the four of us around 12:45.
The server was very friendly and made the experience great.

The lunch menu was quite impressive with a array of options that were healthy and interesting. I opted for a smoked salmon wrap which was wonderfully presented and flavoured excellently with lots of fresh ingredients. This is served with your choice of salad or fries.
Other lunch menu options that were good were the crab cake appetizers and a glazed salmon on top of a salad. The California Chicken wrap looked very tasty as well.

I will certainly be back to sample the dinner menu. It is nice to go to a restaurant that serves up fresh food that actually uses fresh herbs and does not just dish out the usual.

thelakegrill_ca, Manager at The Lake Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you very much of your feedback, in behalf of The Lake Grill, we're glad that you enjoy your lunch. Chef Jose believes in fresh and quality ingredients. Every customers who come by, we always want them to feel special and wanting them to come back again.