See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

So we camp here EVERY year. Really good prices, firewood on site, bathrooms and showers on site, as well as lots of biking and playing space for kids. The creek is smaller but fun to splash in with the dog. The dog is allowed off leash as the owner has two dogs herself that are always off leash. Just keep an eye on your pup obviously as there are vehicles passing by slowly to their campsites and every sites.
It’s about 45 mins from jasper so everything is pretty reasonable driving distance. A cheap alternative to jasper camping prices.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2018

We are atv riders and be able to ride in and from the campground is awesome our site was awesome big enough for out toy hauler and two vehicles the staff were awesome this is not a campground for citiots it's fore campers and those who want a real camping experience the prices are great ,it's close to all kinds of things and a blast we're back almost every weekend since ...

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Diana K, Owner at Cougar Creek Cabins & Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

We love having you here, you guys are awesome trail warriors!! It’s great to see and meet people who enjoy the bush and outdoors as much as we do!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Took my daughter on a 4 day getaway from August 19-22. I booked the Sugar Shack and it was exactly as described and fully stocked. The washroom facilities were very clean as staff were in to tidy up quite often throughout the day. Traffic is close but not noisy enough to complain about. The staff at reception were welcoming and pleasant. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank corrig_13
Diana K, Owner at Cougar Creek Cabins & Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Well, it all began back in April 2017. I was to find a Great place for our Family Campout this year. After looking it over and reading about it, it sounded lovely. So I contacted Diana the manager and booked two campsites for ourselves and our son and daughter-in-law. I booked on April 5th, 2017 for campsites the end of July 27-30. But when we arrived the campsites we were told we'd have were already occupied. When questioned about this they simply said. Oh that was their error(no apology) and they would give us our options.. Basically to set up overnight in another site, and then move the next day after the 11 am check out. This messed up our day as we had to wait for the previous people to leave and it held up our plans for the day. I was ticked but when I said something... Diana said, Well, I could just give you a refund and say we were double booked and you can go somewhere else. Really? You mess up and that's your response. Customer service? No t!! Where were we to go? our family were on their way. They keep track of bookings on a scribbler... I couldn't believe it. No apology just here you go.

What a way to begin our Family Campout. I found out my family is very forgiving and adaptable and thank goodness for that. But it will go down in history as the place to remember but not for good reasons. This place sucked!
It was noisy from constant truck traffic on the highway and a train about every 15 min.
If your looking for someplace to book ahead... don't bother. they won't care if you have a spot or not.
It's not peace and quiet that's for sure.
They knew we were coming because on July 20th'''7 days before our credit card was billed for the full amount.
We did receive the two sites for free in the center of the campground for the 1 night but to be honest the stress they caused to me because I was booking this for our family campout should have been worth more. In good faith, they could have offered more compensation Like some Free Firewood or something. They felt that they'd done their part by free night but NOT in the spots I reserved MONTHS earlier!!!

We never could get the Wifi working. All of us trying at different times.

As for the pics: read on their website: under Campground- Tired of looking out your window and having another camper 16 feet away... well try 10... that's what we had our first night!
the pictures they posted show a nice clean and organized place. I'm gong to post what you'll really see.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Shelley W

I have been wanting to respond to this for along time, but we are all still recuperating from the insanely busy summer we had. Firstly, I would like to make sure you know that the booking error was totally my error/fault. I believe that I explained this at check in, and I want to appologize for my short fuze by offering a complete refund, and a free night stay, so you paid $73.00 instead of $105.00 for both sites that is a discount of $70 plus tax I believe that we offered you a very resonable discount, for my error, we had been very very busy few weeks, in addition to more than one family who were lined up behind you who also wanted to check in, but you wanted to berate, tell me and my staff how incompetent we are, you just kept going on and on, my office staff was quite upset by your accusations and your agressive angry words to her, which she had no responsibility for the error and I understand that you wanted to vent your dissatisfaction, but its not fair to the other customers who were behind you rolling there eyes at your complaints. So I tried give you the best options that I could offer, but you just wanted to let off some steam. Unfortunately, I offered to give you a full refund, because I knew that no matter what we did, you would not be satisfied. I am truly sorry we ruined your camping trip. I would like to suggest you book at the KOA next time you are in our area. They do not have any trees and are about the same distance from the highway as us. For clarification ...the back of your camper was 15 feet away from the back of your neighbors camper, and but your site was over 40 ft wide each and 70 ft deep. I am am saddened that you would sneak into out private storage, workshop area to take pictures, the picture you took were not part of the public campground. I believe your family member were quite happy with our facility, one of them commented we had the cleanest campground bathrooms they had ever seen. Your booking was billed as per the email confirmation sent to you in April detailing the amount and date of billing. So I’m not sure what issue you have with it, other than maybe you are not done venting yet.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Hosted a ladies retreat here. And we couldn't have been happier! They were kind, pleasant, easy to work with, and soooooooooo helpful. There was a bit of highway noise but we were warned about that when we picked our campsites. The area we camped in was gorgeous, well treed and grassy enough for tents. We had 'connecting' campsites so we had fun in the bush. Amazing quad trails right from your site! Bathrooms were cleaner than my own at home which says a lot!

We will be back next year but may take some of the non-service sites farther at the back to make sure we don't disturb others with rowdiness We also adopted the squirrels. Their names are Annie and Christopher!

Thanks again!

Date of stay: July 2017

I am so glad you all enjoyed your quad adventure and visit with the girls and the Cougars! I wish you would have taken Annie & Christopher with you, as they drive the dogs bonkers, teasing them all day long LOL!!! Please come again.